Chapter 31~ The Final Chapter

It's finally here. Are you excited? I am. I just hope you like it.

*Beca's P.O.V.*

"He's dead?" I asked, barely able to choke out the awful words.

"I'm sorry, Beca. We did all we could." the doctor said.

"But, my dream. He was alive, he was-"

"He was a figment of your imagination. You love him so it's natural that you make the hero in your dream." the doctor cut me off.

"But it seemed so real." I was crying but I held back the full force of my emotions.

"Dreams can sometimes seem real but they're as fake as One Direction' s music career." Chloe explained as she sat in the bed beside me and wrapped her arms around me.

"This can't be happening." I said before burying my face into Chloe's shoulder and letting it all out.

She held me and caressed my head as I cried. Crying did very little to ease the pain I was feeling so I decided to give into the sudden urge to scream. I screamed into Chloe's shoulder as my heart continued to shatter. She encouraged me to let it all out as I continued to scream at the top of my lungs. After countless minutes of screaming I started to feel better and I slowly calmed down though I couldn't completely stop crying.

"I didn't even get to tell him that I love him." the pain increased again as the words came out and I cried harder.

"I know Beca, it's okay. Just let it out." And I did. No matter how much or how hard I tried, I couldn't stop crying. I loved Jesse more than anything and he's gone.

"It feels like the freaking incredible Hulk is slowly crushing my heart."

"I know sweetie, it hurts when you lose a loved one."

"No I mean it literally hurts." I said as a sudden pain filled my chest.

"I know. Broken hearts are the worst." she said but I ignored her as the pain became too much. I clamped my hands to my chest and pulled away from her as the pain increased.

I couldn't say or do anything as I glanced at every one of the terrified faces of my loved ones. The doctor came into my line of view and said something. He removed my hands from my chest and listened to my heart.

"She's going into cardiac arrest!" I heard him yell before I fell onto my back.

Suddenly, the pain disappeared and I was standing at the foot of the bed, facing the door. Everything seemed very different and as I slowly turned to face the bed, I realized why.

The doctor was turning off medical equipment as my loved ones surrounded the bedside, crying. There in the midst of their crying, laid the reason for the tears. Me.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I will call the funeral home and notify them immediately."

"Thank you." My dad said as he held my lifeless hand. By the way my fingers overlapped each other I could tell he was squeezing my hand.

"Doctor." Chloe stopped him before he could exit. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and I just wanted to hug her. "Do you think we could bury Beca by Jesse? I think it's only right because they love each other more than anything."

"That's a sweet thought. I'll be sure to mention it when I call the funeral home." the doctor answered, giving her a warm smile.

She thanked him then rejoined our group of friends. Just then, a bright light shone above me. No one else seemed to notice it so I got the feeling that it was the light. I looked into it. I expected to just see light but it was actually beautiful. It had this beauty that I've never seen before in my life. It's just so... I can't even explain it it's so beautiful.

Without thinking I slowly began walking toward it. Before stepping into it, I turned around to look at my friends one last time. I will never forget these people. They've each taken up residence in my heart and even in death I appreciate their love for me. They're the ones that taught me how to live after all of the horrible memories of childhood. They taught me how to love again and for that I will be eternally grateful. I love these people so much and, though as an angel I can watch over them, I will miss them.

So, with that last appreciative glance, I stepped into the light. I was immediately engulfed with the beauty of Heaven but there was one thing, well person, that stuck out.

"Hey million dollar baby." Jesse said with a huge smile on his face. The beautiful lighting of Heaven made my boyfriend look even more perfect.

"Jesse." I said his name, grateful that I get to see him again.

"I've been waiting for you, weirdo." he held his arms out toward me and I ran into them. I immediately locked my lips to his.

"This is so beautiful." I said when we pulled away. He turned around and gazed at the beautiful scenery of our home.

"It is, isn't it? And it's ours. We can finally be together forever, without the stresses of living." He said as he held me close to him.

"Forever." I repeated. "I love the sound of that."

                    ~FIN~