Chapter 12~ Letting Go

*Jesse's P.O.V.*

I have to make this movication extra special. If she likes it then she will be more apt to spend more time with me and I can keep her from Luke. First thing first, we have to watch The Breakfast Club. It brought us together once maybe it can do it again. Next, juice pouches. It may sound weird but it sort of used to be our thing. I can't really think of anything else but when I do you can bet I'll do it.

~Next Day~

We are working our shift at the radio station and every 5 minutes Luke comes out of his booth just to hit on Beca. She rolls her eyes and blows him off but he just won't stop. Beca and I were in the middle of a conversation when he struck again.

"So Beca, did it hurt? Y'know, when you fell from heaven?" He asked. Now I said he was hitting on her but I didn't say he was any good at it.

"Um, I don't know if I should answer that." Beca said and looked at me. I mouthed the word 'no' and she ignored Luke and went back to stacking CD' s.

I watched Luke watch Beca. After a minute he moved and positioned himself behind her. I watched as he rested his hands on her hips and Beca stopped moving. Luke then whispered something into her ear and Beca shoved his hands off of her and stepped away from him looking a little weirded out.

"Ok, that's descriptive and I don't think I would ever go there with you nor would I want to." She said quickly. Luke moved toward her but she dodged him by walking behind me. He continued to walk toward her but I put my hand on his chest pushed him back.

"I wouldn't try it if I were you. You're lucky I didn't kill you last night, don't push it." I said. He glared at me then headed back for the booth.

"Thank you." Beca said as she walked back around the table.

"No problem. What did he say to you?" I asked.

"You don't wanna know." She answered.

"That bad?" She nodded then went back to work. I watched her work and a little smile crept onto my face.

"So, are you ready for our movie tonight?" I asked. She smiled and looked up at me.

"Ya, what are we watching anyway?"

"You'll see."

"I hate surprises."

"I know, but you'll love this one." I said. She searched my face and after realizing I'm not going to crack she surrendered.

"Alright, surprise it is. But it better be good." She said. I smiled at her, she smiled back then we went back to work.

~About An Hour Later~

Finally, we finished our shift without any more interruptions from Luke. As Beca is wrapping up her headphones, she still loves her music, Luke comes out of the booth. He headed straight for Beca but she noticed and quickly finished wrapping the chord around her headphones.

"You ready?" She asked hurriedly. I nodded and we practically ran for the door. Once we were outside Beca immediately asked, "He hasn't had a girlfriend in a while has he?"

"No, he hasn't. That's why he's trying to take mine." I answered. Beca glanced at me then looked down at the ground. "How did you know?" I asked.

"Those lines were terrible." She answered. "Don't worry," she looked back up at me, "I know he's lying to me about the boyfriend thing."

I smiled, "Good." It went quiet for a minute. "Can I give you a hug?" I asked immediately noticing how weird that sounded, Beca gave me a look to show she knows it, too. "Well, after everything with Luke I assumed you might want a hug.." I trailed off as Beca continued to give me a weird look. "And, I just kind of got this weird urge to hug you and I thought I'd ask first." I admitted.