Chapter 21~ Confusion is Nothing New

*Chad's P.O.V.* 

My feelings for Beca have become undeniably strong. I haven't seen much of her in the past few days due to some girls in her a Capella group coming for a visit but I don't have to. Just thinking about her makes my body burn for her. I want her, I need her but I can't do anything with Jesse in the way. Even if he wasn't a big part of her life I doubt I'd do anything about it. Ever since our rocky past it's been kind of difficult to talk to her about these things. I just wish I had someone to talk to that could help me with this. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said when I felt my body hit someone else's. I helped steady the other person before I realized who it was. "Wait, you're Stacie, Beca's friend right?"

"Yeah and you are?"

"Oh, I'm Chad. Chad McCormick." she thought for a minute.

"Oh! You're Beca's ex."

"You've heard about me?" I asked, surprised by her recognition of me. This is the first I've ever met her, how does she know me?

"Oh, yeah. Beca's told me all about you." That answered my question. 

"How much did she say?"

"Oh you know, just that she caught you with your pants around your ankles in the women's room restroom with another girl on prom night. The usual."

"Right, well let's change the subject. I actually have a question if you would be willing to help me." I said, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Sure." she gave me her undivided attention as I began to speak.

"Well, Beca told me that, though you've never really had one, you're pretty good with relationship advice." she nodded then I continued to speak. "Well, there's this girl. We've known each other for a while but it's difficult for me to tell her how I feel. There's this other guy and I'm just scared that I will get rejected."

"Well Chad, if you really want to be with this girl, take that chance of rejection. You have to man up and not only tell her how you feel, but you have to show her how you feel. And, if you get rejected, at least you tried. Not a lot of people can even say that."

"You're right. But, how can I show her?"

"Only you have the answer to that question." 

Just then some guy in a Trebles jacket approached us and shoved his tongue down Stacie's throat. Disgusting. They started to get a little carried away but I cleared my throat, reminding them that I was still there. They pulled apart and she introduced him as her boyfriend, Donald I think. I thanked Stacie before leaving, letting them get back to their...activity.

She's right. If I want to at least have a chance with Beca, I have to tell her how I feel. It has to be meaningful and from the heart and I have to show her what she means to me. If I want to do this I can't have Jesse getting in the way. I have to keep him away from her so I can talk to her.

But how?

*Beca's P.O.V.* 

"Still think you can take me?" I asked, pinning Jesse to the ground.

"You bet." he was out of breath but that didn't stop him from taking control and switching me places.

This is not what you are probably thinking so please just do us both a favor and get your mind out of the gutter. Jesse and I are just wrestling. Why, you ask? Well, it actually started with an innocent conversation about movies. Movies led to actors, actors led to Jackie Chan, Chan led to strength, strength led to a debate about which sex is stronger, the debate led to Jesse showing of his muscles, muscles led to this challenge. So far, Jesse's losing.