💧Tree Bros - Explore (Part 1)

Today is my first day as an apprentice park ranger! I'm excited, I've always enjoyed nature. All day I just wander the park giving tours to families and talking about trees. I put on my uniform and my hat, and get into my mom's car to drive me to work.

"Are you excited for the first day sweetie?" My mom has been quiet the whole ride, most likely so I don't get stressed, which I'm not.

"Yeah!" We pull up and I get out, closing the door behind me. I walk to the workers area with my head down, trying hard to remain unseen. Another newbie, who has dark, long brown hair and blue eyes with a bit of brown in the right.

"My name is Connor Murphy. I'm assuming you're Evan Hansen, from your badge. Since we're new we get to be partners all summer." He shrugs and brushes his hair out of his face, "Let's go. Whatever. It says here we are giving a tour for Alana Beck and 1 other." I know Alana, she's very nice. She does internships all summer so I'm assuming this is her day off. I walk behind him to their meeting location.

"What the fuck is my sister doing" Connor and I look over at Alana and Zoe from jazz band holding hands and blushing.

"I thought they were straight" I whisper to Connor as we walk

"Same," He walks up to his sister, who lets go in shock, "what the fuck Zoe I'm the only gay one allowed here" I look over at Connor. Him? Gay? No way. He's too hot to be gay.

"Well I'm bi so you haven't been dethroned, eat it Connor."

"Lets just go on the tour..." He looks over to me, smiles and we start walking.

"Choose a path." I turn and Alana points to the path farthest to the left. This one is my personal favorite, because it has all of the most amazing trees!

"So... Why'd you volunteer here? You don't seem like the type who would."

"Well... My therapist said that maybe if I got outside into nature more it would be better for my mental problems." He looks at his feet a bit, "what about you"

"My parents wanted me to get a hobby. My hobby was studying various trees, so I got a job in a forest." We wait as Alana reads the signs to the exhibit to Zoe.

"Oh cool. I mean I hope you're not comfortable from what I told Zoe earlier." His face turns into slight disappointment.

"It's totally okay. Um, I'm bi so it's not like we're after everybody we meet, right?" I try to add a laugh to make it sound natural, but it sounds forced. I see him as somebody I'd be okay being his boyfriend, but I'm not going to say that.

"Yeah, the stigma surrounding LGBT teens is terrible. People think we're gonna stare at everybody in the gym locker room or something." He chuckles a bit and looks away.

"I would stare if I noticed how hot they were only." I totally would stare at Connor. He's hotter than Kevin, who moved to Utah last year. Alana finally picks up her bag and says "lets move on"

A/N: I'm going to test this concept out to see if I wanna make it another separate story. Notes in my Book didn't get a lot of feedback, but I'm either continuing this or Notes in my Book. After part 2, I'll hold voting!