⌨️ Boyf riends - Maybe we can

A/N: Inspired by: https://ask-squip-squad.tumblr.com/post/163777591847/jenna-wow-i-was-right-michael-please-shut-up-i

Jeremy, my bestie since practically forever, invited me over for a sleepover! I am simply so hyped! I look at the clock and notice it says "3:44." Jeremy had agreed that he'd text me at 3:45 on the way to the sleepover which was at 4:00. Since I was the only one with a phone, I was hoping he'd text me from his computer. His bus always runs late, but I guess for once it was on time.

Jeremy (Bestie²): Hey Michael! I'm so excited for tonight! We always have the best time!

Michael (Bestie²): Yeah... Last time when we made that homemade ice cream that was amazing!

Jeremy: (Bestie²): I still don't know how your favorite flavor is cookie dough, Chocolate will always be the best.

Michael (Bestie²): Untrue.

Jeremy (Bestie²): Fine. I'm going to clean up my room.

I turn off my phone and look out the window. We are already in his neighborhood so I watch as the car turns up the hill on this great spring day. We finally pull up, and I immediately get out and sprint to Jeremy's front door and ring. I watch him run over the door, then slip in his fuzzy socks. "It's unlocked..." He mutters, and I open the door.

"Jeremy!" I go in to pick him up off the ground but he is laughing really hard. Once I finally get him to stand up, we go up the stairs to his room, and sit on his bed.

"Hey, thanks for helping me up because knowing me I would've stayed there for an hour just laying."

"Of course!" We both sit under the blanket like we always do. We lay the blanket on top of the bed and it's so big it fits on top of both of us, so we sit under and hold it up with our feet.

"So there's that really cute girl in our recess named Alana Beck I think... Like did you see her ELA project hanging in the halls? It's such a good poem..."Jeremy looks off a bit

"Yeah. I don't find any girls cute right now. I don't know why. I mean she's pretty nice, but I don't see her like that. She said she's moving at the end of this school year to another school."

"Really? How could you not find her attractive. Aren't we gonna both have people we are dating by the end of this year?"

"Well I don't really want to. Dude you realize we don't even know how to kiss that girl we want."

"Then maybe we can try it? I mean that's not even normal but seems like something we could do. Could help us find a date." He looks down at the sheets below us.

"Lets get from under here and try. I mean we'll never get a first kiss otherwise."

"Okay" He throws the blanket backwards and we sit at the edge next to eachother.

"Are you sure we are should do this?"

"At least we'll be able to say that we had a first kiss. People in our grade already did so why not us?"

"Okay... Are you ready?" I gaze into his eyes. He's not into me and I'm not into him. Right?

"Yeah..." He freezes a bit.

I lean in and connect our lips. Its not what I expected, my heart just beat a bit faster and my inside got all warm and fuzzy. I'm doing more work then he is, but I still enjoy it. I pull back, and see him with a face of shock.

"Did you like it..." I ask and he smiles a bit

"Yeah I did... did you?"

"Yeah?" We both laugh a bit.

"I guess you'll be better keeping the girls, Michael!" I don't even want girls. He'll be better at it for sure.

"Well there we have it! My first kiss was my best friend, Jeremy Heere!" We laugh and he smiles with his eyes glowing a glow I hadn't seen before. Why is there something different feeling inside of me? Different expression from him? I may never know.