💧Kleinsen - Flowers and Falling (Part 1)

Jared's POV:

Another day at school trying to hide my feelings. Evan Hansen, god bless him, is an object of my affection whom I could never obtain. His childlike eyes and his distant eyes make me melt to the center. I can't get let my eyes drift from the back of his light brown hair and blue striped shirt. I'm falling so hard for him and I didn't even intend to. It arose after I stopped talking to him I realized I needed him. That's when I realized- holy shit me- Jared Klienman- have a massive crush on Evan Hansen.

And then I realized what I'd truly caused- it's genetically inherited, starts slow and becomes vicious. I start coughing until a small yellow carnation petal lands on the desk, on its way to death. I remember my father telling me this is called hanahaki, when you love somebody and they don't love you back you cough flowers until you get surgery or they start to love you back. I don't understand why Evan doesn't have it, he clearly has heart eyes for Connie Murphweed (well that's what I call him). He told me this morning, that's probably what's giving me this illness. I sit for the rest of class, holding the flowers in my pockets so nobody sees. Finally at the end, after group assignment where Connor and Evan get partnered makes me cough twice as hard, and Alana asking why I look " very ill" and I "need to go to the nurse," the class finally ends.

I sprint out the doors and into the bathroom where the flowers burn their path up my throat and into the toilet. How could I possibly turn Evans feelings for Connor into feelings for me?

I could just go out on a limb and tell him, or I could make him fall for me. The latter seems harder, but I won't consider surgery. Jokingly teasing him until I figure out I like him? I'll sound like a mad man!

I spot Evan running towards me as I walk out, and feel the coughs coming back.

"Hey Jared Cronchboy!" He laughs a bit.

"Wassup Evan Hantree" I feel another petal coming up,

"You ran so fast and I saw you going into the bathroom, are you alright? Are you sick?" He puts his warm, soft hand to my forehead, "You feel quite cold." From the touch I feel like a thousand flowers are going to come out.

"Evan I uh- really have to go. I'll be right back." I run back into the bathroom and I notice the flowers are becoming bloodier. I'm assuming the closer I physically get to him, the worse it'll get. I exit the stall and notice Evan waiting for me near the sinks.

"Are you alright? You seem really tired and- why is there a flower petal in there? Are you-" I nod sadly, "You have hanahaki?"

"Uh- yeah but it's not important I should really get to my next class-"

"Jared, who is it? Who is the lucky boy?"

"You shouldn't know. Text me after school." and so we split our paths for the rest of the day. My thoughts drift to an idea!

The bus! He's on my bus. I'll go home first and text him there. I must figure out if he could ever fall for me. He'll understand, right?

A/N: I can only post once per week for both fics due to my busy year schedule! I hope you understand!