💧Alana x Zoe - Homeworkin

A/N: What is creativity? Idk her I only know writers block sorry.

Alana's POV:
Its Friday. I don't like Fridays, Evan and Connor always on their porch down the street, as Jared texts me about how single he is since Evan got together with Connor. I feel really bad, he liked Evan for 2 years, but they got together. I guess that's just the way it is. I'm glad I get to unplug from everything and Zoe is coming over to do homework with me. I put out a line of 6 pencils, each equally sharpened with two erasers on each end. I make sure they're lined up perfectly, otherwise it'll bug me for hours. After perfecting the stack of lose leaf, I hear my doorbell ring.

"Lanaaa!" I see Zoe's eyes appear in the top window.

"Hey! I already sorted everything, would you like a shnack?" Shnack is a joke me and Zoe have, when we heard a small boy call his food a shnack at Starbucks.

"I'd love a shnack, may I have some cookies and milk?" I smile and fetch some cookies. She always gets cookies and gets an adorable milkstache on her lips. She usually soaks the cookies until they crumble in her hands.

I walk back into the room and find Zoe scribbling stars on the cuffs of her Jean shorts. Classic Zoe.

"Some habits never go away, am I right?" Zoe looks up as I hand her the cookies and milk.

"What first? I say English!" She grabs a purple folder, and I grab my red ELA binder, and flip to the "homework" section.

"Assignment #23

Write a short summary about a book you've read recently. Make sure to include 2 details on how you relate to the main character."

I lean on my hand and think of which book to do. I would do "Found Inside" but I don't know how homophobic my teacher is. He supports Trump, so that says something about how he views this. Plus my crush is right here so I'd rather not write an essay on how symbolic her watch was to demonstrate her flexuating attraction between girls, boys, and non-binarys.

"What book are you going to do Alana?" Zoe is tapping her pencil onto the table.

"I don't know, I read so many books. What book are you doing?"

"I'm doing Something In Between. It's about a Filipino immigrant who is struggling against getting deported, and wants to go to the college of her dreams. It's a good read!"

"Yeah, I read that two years ago. It was good book!"

"Yeah, I'm doing that. It's been an hour and all we've been doing is eating" she laughed and put her plate in the sink. I open a pack of mints and we both take one.

"Can I say something crazy, Lana?"

"Sure. It probably won't be as crazy as I am for you."

"How did you read my mind. Stop being so smooth, "She nervously laughs and grabs my hand, "I was about to ask you out you ruined the mood."

"Your face, posture and tone gave it all away"

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I will."

A/N: Thanks DEH cast for all making me sad yesterday/ today. I have such a writers block idk what's wrong I can't even finish the other two short stories or Crayons :/