Chapter 14.

2 Weeks Later

Sophia

I've seen Zae a few times at lunch and in the hallway after he completely dissed my feelings about him. Every time I saw him I got angry, upset, sad all at once. I was heading to dance class, not really my favorite. I mean don't get me wrong I can dance but, the girls in there are all drama. I walked in and started stretching. Soon enough we started practicing a routine the teacher has been teaching us.

"Mrs. Termeer, may I use the bathroom?" I asked politely

"Yea, go for it."

I wasn't really going to use the bathroom I just needed an excuse to get out of class. I was walking around the hallways when I saw Zae coming towards my direction. We made eye contact. I rolled my eyes and turned on my heel heading back to class. He caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch me." I said as I snatched my arm back

"Sophia just hear me out please." He begged

I stopped walking and turned to face him

"Look I'm an asshole and how I reacted to you opening up about how you felt about me wasn't exactly fair. Truth is Sophia, it was all moving a little fast for me, yes even though all we did was share daily conversation, but in those conversations I've made have led you on to believe that I wanted something that I'm not completely ready for. I'm sorry for acting like I cared less about your feelings when in reality I did take them in to consideration."

"Why aren't you ready though, what's holding you back?" I questioned

"My past relationship, I don't really like to talk about it." He said looking away

"You certainly do have a wall up." I said

"Yea, it's just the way I am." He shrugged

"I'd like to take it down, if you allow me to." I said smiling a little

"I'd like that." He said stepping closer to me

We started at each other for a good minute until I realized that I'd been out of class for a little too long

"I gotta get back to class." I said breaking the trance

"Yea, me too. I'll text you." He said pulling me in for the hug

Lord knows I didn't want to let go

I walked back to class with the most goofy smile on my face. This was the start of something between Zae and I, and I liked it.

Abby

Pryce and I have become close over the past couple weeks. He drives me home everyday after school or sometimes we walk to spend more time with each other. I've gotten to know him a little more. He wants to go to Howard for college, his favorite color is navy blue, he's a Gemini like me, he's from Atlanta, and he lives with his mom. His dad is back in Atlanta, they are separated.

Today, however Pryce wasn't at school. He has a fever so he had to stay home. I missed him a little but he has been texting me all day so it wasn't bad. The school day went by slow as ever. I was at my locker collecting my things. When I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to be faced with a light skin face.

 I turned around to be faced with a light skin face