Chapter 34.

February

Zae

She seems happy with him

I watched as she walked out the lunchroom under his arm

I watched as she walked out the lunchroom under his arm. She was smiling as he linked their hands together. Every day now I see her with this guy. Laughing, smiling.

It's been three weeks since I left her crying on Facetime. From time to time we would check up on each other but that was it. We rarely talk in person.  I miss what we had, I miss her. It makes me mad that I let some other nigga have her.

But I let H.E.R go

I guess I just have to live with it.

"Who's that guy your cousin be with now?" I asked Garrett

"Who the light skin nigga? His name is Ethan or something." He shrugged

"That's her boyfriend?"

"Man I don't even know, I don't be in her business like that." He said "Why you jealous?" He laughed

"You laughing but I honestly am." I said looking down

"Well that's your fault. You dropped her like a bag of potatoes." He joked

"I didn't drop her, I just said it's best we'd be friends."

"Same shit. All you did was sugar coat it so it didn't seem so bad." He said walking away from me

I sighed and put my headphones in as my friends joked around me. It's true what they say. You really never know what you have until it's gone. 

Sophia

"You okay?" 

"Yea I'm good." I smiled a little

Ethan and I recently just started talking. We met each other at Track practice the other day but we knew about each other before then.

He claims he has always had a crush on me or some cheesy shit like that. He's a sweet person though and I'm starting to like him day by day.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I ask 

"Just look at you, it's hard not to." He smirked at me

"Thank you." I blush

The bell rings before he could say anything else and we head out into the hallway. As we walk side by side he links our hands together. I smile as I look down at our hands. Ethan was happy to have me by his side, and he wasn't afraid to show it. As we reached his class he turned towards me and leaned in throwing me off guard, causing me to lean back.

"Damn you gonna do me like that?" He said stepping back

"I wasn't expecting that. Sorry." I giggle nervously "You caught me off guard."