Chapter 25.

"And What's Crazy Is Soon As You Fall Back, They Crawl Back

"And What's Crazy Is Soon As You Fall Back, They Crawl Back."

-Fabolous

Zae

Day before Winter Break

I walked down the steps of school and waited for Sophia to come out. It's been weeks since we fell out and every single day I'm regretting every word I said. I rarely see her around school anymore and if I do her head is down and her headphones are in. I know I'm the last person she wants to talk to, but I need to make things right. I looked up the stairs and saw her coming down as she passed by me, I grabbed her arm.

She looked back at me with no emotion and continued to walk away. I caught back up to her and cornered her against a wall.

"Sophia, please just hear what I have to say." I pleaded

"I don't want to Isaiah, now move."

"Not until you hear me out."

"What else could you possibly have to say? You said all you wanted to say the other night. Just leave me alone." She said walking away from me

"Please Sophia, I don't want to lose you!" I yelled after her

She stopped in her tracks and put her head down. Yet she wouldn't turn around and look at me. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand.

"Look, I know I'm not an easy person to put up with, but I realize that you put up with me. I realized that even though I left you on read, put no effort into our conversations, and disregarded you in person that you still tried. You didn't give up on me, and what we built so far."

"So why did you give up?" She asked looking at me

"... After that night you asked me what we were doing, a lot of thoughts went through my head. I started thinking that since I couldn't give you what you asked of me, that you would go looking for it elsewhere. So I started falling back and losing interest in what we had so if you left me, it wouldn't hurt me as bad."

"Isaiah what you fail to realize is that I'm not going anywhere. I started something with you and I'm not leaving till we finish it. No matter how hard it gets. Even when you say hurtful shit." She said putting her head down "You told me what we have is not worth saving. Did you mean that?"

"Sophia, I didn't mean any of it. I was scared of losing you so I pushed you away."

"Why didn't you just tell me that then Isaiah?"

"I'm not good at explaining my feelings to people, especially you. It took me weeks to interpret what I'm saying to you now, shit wasn't easy Sophia. Yet I tried for you because you always tried for me." I said lifting her chin to look at me

Tears were forming in her eyes. I never seen Sophia cry. To see that I hurt her like this, hurt me. I wiped a tear from her face as it fell down her cheek.

"I don't want to lose you Sophia."

"I don't want to lose you either Zae."

I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. I could hear her sniffling in my chest.

"I never meant to hurt you Sophia, you mean a lot to me. I'm sorry."

"I'm not going to say it's okay because it's not, but I forgive you." She said looking up at me

" So you still gonna ride for me?"

"I never stopped."

Y'all thought Zae and Sophia were done lol. Next update coming soon!!