Chapter 36.

Sophia

I sit on the bleachers next to Ethan as the assembly goes on. We were trying to raise money for some girl with cancer or something. My friends and I joke around as the administrators attempt to get the couple dollars we had out of our pockets.

Zae

I watch as Ethan wraps his arm around Sophia and she gives him a kiss on the cheek. I roll my eyes. She must really be feeling this dude it's been 3 weeks and she still with him.

"Aye bro look at shorty down there, she got the fatty." Maaliq nudges me pointing in the direction of some random girl

I don't even bother looking at whoever he was talking about. My eyes were on her.

"Bro what's up with you, you straight?" Maaliq asks

"I'm good bro." I lie

"You sure, you seem bothered."

"Cause Sophia moved on." Garret laughs

"It's not even that, that dude Ethan, something off about him." I say looking over at them again

"Why you so worried about her bro, she moved on just accept it." Garret says

"Y'all don't get it." I shake my head

After School

"You going to track practice?" Ethan asks

"Yea, I was planning on it. Why?" 

"Let's skip today and go chill at my house." He smiles

"I don't like missing practice." 

"Come on baby." He says wrapping his arm around me "You don't want to spend time with me?" He whines

"Fine crybaby, but you have to walk me back to the school so my mom can pick me up." I say looking at him

"Deal." He says holding out his pinkie

I latch my pinkie around his as we walk outside the school. We began walking towards his house, which just happened to be in the same neighborhood as Zae's. I looked at his house as we walked past it. Memories replaying in my head. I shake them away and tune back in to what Ethan was talking about.

"I have a dog at the house just to let you know. I don't know if you're allergic." He says opening the door to his house

"I'm not, I'm just scared of big dogs." I laugh nervously

"Oh, mines little." He says as a little white dog comes into sight

"I'll be alright." I shrug walking up to pictures in the living room.

"Come on my room is downstairs." He says grabbing my hand

His house was pretty nice. He had all of downstairs to himself, which was like a whole another living area. His room was like every boy's room. Basketball and footballs on display and posters. I put my bag down and sat on the edge of the bed as he turned on the t.v. and music in the background.

"What you know about New Edition?" I ask referring to the song

"The real question is what do YOU know about 'em?" He jokes

"Mr. Telephone Man has always been my song. What you mean?"

"I guess it's gonna have to be our song because that's one of my favorites from them too." He smiles

I smile and get up and start mouthing the lyrics to him while doing some of the dance moves New Edition does.

"Mr. Telephone man, there's something wrong with my line."

"When I dial my baby's number I get a click every time."Ethan chimes in

We continue to dance and sing around his room as each song came on. He lays on the bed out of breath as He changes the song to Elhae- Drive me Crazy. I remove my jacket and sit on the other side of the bed checking the time on my phone. It was 4:00 and practice would be over in 45 minutes. We still had some time.

I feel Ethan's hands on my waist turning me to face him. Before I could say anything he pressed his lips against mines. I lay back as he deepens the kiss and tightens the grip on my waist. My heart raced as we began to makeout and move about on his bed. He started taking off his shirt and slid his hand down in my pants. I sat up before we could go any farther.

"Why you stop?" He asked looking at me

"Because, I gotta get back to the school." I lied

"Oh dang it's time already? Alright let's go."

I grabbed my stuff and walked beside him back to the school. The real reason I stopped was because we were moving too fast. I mean I'm not even officially his girlfriend yet and we were already in his bed. Don't get me wrong I liked the feeling of it all but if we were gonna make this last were gonna have to take our time with this.

"You okay babe?" He asked me

"Yea, I'm straight." I smiled at him

I wanted to talk to him about what was on my mind but not now. I'll address it later.

He wrapped his arm around me as we walked up the sidewalk to the front entrance of the school. Once we reached the spot where my mom usually picks me up I gave him a hug. He started tickling my sides causing me to squirm in his arms and laugh.

"Don't do that." I giggle pushing him

"I can't make any promises." He smiles "You sure you have to go home? Stay with me." He begged holding my hand

"I would love to stay with you but I gotta get home." I say

He pulls me in a hug and I give him a kiss on the cheek as we rock back and forth.

"I'll facetime you later baby."

"Look forward to it." I smiled

I watched as he walked down the street and disappeared up into the neighborhood. I just hope he doesn't take what I have to tell him later the wrong way.

Hey guys!!!!! It's been a little while since I last updated but here it is! I'm less than 200 views way from 1K thank you guys so much!!! Love y'all! Sorry for any errors.