Chapter 39.

"Sophia..."

It was H.I.M it was Zae. They guy I fell hard for, the guy who broke my heart, the guy who I still managed to care about even after everything we've been through.

"Yes?" I say lowly

"Open your window." 

"What?" 

"Sophia, please."

I hang up the phone and go open the window in my room. There he was sitting on my roof. I go on the roof and sit beside him with my legs crossed.

"How did you get up here?" I ask looking at him

"Used a ladder and climbed." He said nonchalantly

Smart ass

I looked at the sky and saw the evening sun setting in the distance.

"Isaiah what are you doing here?"

"I need you in my life Sophia. I haven't been the same since I pushed you away because of my insecurities and  self-doubt. I didn't realize how much you actually completed me until I was without you."

He paused and looked at me. I refuse to do the same and still stared into the distance at the evening sky.

"I hate seeing you happy with someone else. Watching him make you smile and you walking around under his arm was hard to see."

"Why?" I ask dryly

"Because at one point and time that was me. I was making you smile, I was walking around with you under my arm, you were my girl, shit you were my world.  And it took me letting you go and watching you be with someone else to realize that."

Hearing that I was Zae's world caused me to get teary-eyed. No one has ever told me I meant that much to them and for him to realize his mistake and come back and try to fix it isn't something any boy would just do.

"I'm actually not with anybody else, anymore at least." I say turning to look at him

"What happened?" He asked concerned

He know damn well he's happy to hear that

I told him everything that happened between Ethan and I and how I wasted my time on him.

"You don't deserve that. If a nigga can't realize what he's losing if he lets you go he's not for you." He says looking at me

He was right

"I was only with him because you left me Zae..." 

I look at him then look away as I let that sink in

"I'm not leaving no more Sophia. I need you and that's just facts." He says grabbing my hand

I look at our hands and smile a little