Chapter 23.

Sophia

Sophia

Since that night I asked Zae, what we were doing he's just been acting like an asshole. We don't facetime anymore, we just text, and all he does is give me one word responses to everything or leaves me on read. I don't really see him around school like that anymore either. At lunch sometimes but I don't bother saying anything to him. Today, I didn't bother texting him either. I already knew how the conversation was going to go if I did.

I walked to my 6th period with headphones in. Surprisingly Zae was standing by the locker room. He looked at me and I looked in the other direction. Whatever we have is fucking up my emotions on a whole, and its starting to take a toll on me.

After School

@ Home

I sat down at the desk I had in my room and did some of my AP homework. I'm so tired of that class. I rubbed my forehead in frustration as I picked up my phone. I know I said I wasn't going to text Zae but... I really want what we have to work. Even if that means holding a half ass conversation with him.

Text Message

Me: Hey.

In less than 5 seconds my phone vibrated with a response from him

Zae: Sup.

I sighed at his response, yet I continued to make an effort to keep the conversation going.

Me: What are you up to?

Zae: Why is that any of your business?

Who is this nigga catching an attitude with?

Me: You can go ahead and lose the attitude, it's not attractive.

Zae: I was not put on this earth to attract you Sophia.

Me: Did I say you were? No. All I did was tell you to lose the attitude. I'm making an effort to hold a conversation with you and you're giving me an attitude for what? That's unnecessary asf.

Zae: Don't tell me what I fucking can and can't do Alright. If I wanna have a fucking attitude I can. I can do whatever I want. I'm tired of people doing that shit.

Me: I simply just told you to lose the attitude, you're making this a whole another thing.

Zae: Nobody asked you to text me or hold a conversation with me. You're honestly wasting your time. I have nothing to say to you. You putting effort into something that's no longer there.

Me: That's how you feel Zae? You give up on shit too easily.

Zae: It's not worth saving...

I could feel my heart breaking as I read those words. My eyes filled up with tears as I re-read what he said. My fingers trembled as I typed a response.

Me: .... I'll just leave you alone then.

Zae: Do what you gotta do. I'm don't beg anybody to stay.

I left Zae on read after that. I was hurt. Everything just went downhill so quickly. I would have never thought we would just end like this. Tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. I didn't realize how much Zae meant to me until now. I wiped my eyes as I looked at our messages. I didn't want this to be the end of me and... H.I.M.

Comment and Vote. This was a hard chapter to write y'all. Ya girl was really hurt when this shit happened.  And Yes I changed Zae's character from Jaden Smith to Cordell Broadus. I'll update soon.