Chapter 19.

***********************************************************************************************

1 week later

Sophia 

I walked to my 6th period touching my bantu knots. They were a little too tight. I turned the corner to go to the locker room, and Zae was standing there with his friend Jah. I waved to Jah then turned my attention back to Zae.

"Hey Zae." I smiled as he wrapped me in his arms for a hug

"Wassup. You look good like really good." He said twisting his hair and biting his lip

He has been doing that a lot lately when he looks at me , it makes me blush.

"Thank you." I smiled

"One compliment does deserve another." He smirked

"I like your shoes." I laughed

"Ma you know I look good don't be afraid to tell me." He said chin checking me

I blushed and looked down. Whenever any boy calls me ma I feel some type of way but the way Zae said it just made me weak.

"You like that name huh." He smiled

"I have to go change for class Isaiah." I said playfully rolling my eyes

"Mhm. Don't change into them little shorts you been wearing."

"Oh so you been watching me." I smiled a little

"Just go change." He laughed

He gave me a hug and I walked into the locker room smiling from ear to ear. My dimples were even hurting a little.

"What you over there smiling about?" My friend Jemima asked

"Nothing." I said lowly

"Mhm sure." She said sarcastially

I slowly am falling for Zae. No matter how much I tell myself not to. He walks me to my mom's car most evenings now after school, and he waits to see me before he goes to his 6th period class. Some might say it's young love but right now I'm not looking for a title,  just a vibe.

After School

I walked down the school steps laughing and talking with my friends, We said bye and went our separate ways. I walked down the sidewalk to the crosswalk and put my headphones in. When I got to the crosswalk, Zae was already there, but he was with some other female. I stood behind them going unnoticed. Zae and I aren't together but we have something, so when I see him with other females laughing and carrying on I'm bothered. I saw it was time to cross and I walked past the both of them. When I got to the other side of the street I felt a tug on my arm.

"Slow down, why'd you walk past me like that?" Zae asked turning me to face him

"I didn't want to interrupt your conversation." I said looking past him avoiding eye contact

"Sophia don't trip off of her, we were just talking that's it."

"I'm not tripping, I'm cool." I said continuing to walk

He put his arm around me and walked beside me.

"What you jealous?" He said smirking

"It's not funny." I said

"That's cute, look at you getting all salt." He said pinching my cheeks

I giggled and punched him playfully.

"Alright, alright chill." He laughed

We walked to the spot where my mom picks me up and stood there. He kept staring at me so I didn't bother looking in his direction.

"You see something you like?" I asked slyly

"Yea, maybe you would too if you looked over here." He said turning my face towards him

I blushed and looked at Zae. He had a little acne on his nose but it was kind of attractive. He had a straight smile but he still had braces on. His eyes were a shade of brown.  Zae was mad fine I can't even lie. I don't know why he's so insecure about himself. He had some nice looking lips too.

"Your eyes look nice in the sun." He said

"What do you mean? They're just black." I said dryly

"No they're not. In the sun they're like a nice brown. It's sexy." He smirked

I blushed and looked at him then looked away. No one has ever notice those little things about me. I knew my eyes looked like that in the sun but you have to really be paying attention to me to notice. I guess he was.

"Well, I have to go I have to get ready for basketball practice." Zae said

"Okay, be safe." I said

He pulled me in for a hug and rocked us back and forth. He smelled good he always did. He faced me but didn't let go of me. Our lips were inches away from each other.

"I'll text you when I get home."

"Okay." I smiled

He let go of me and started walking off. I watched him go up the street until he disappeared. I had mixed emotions when it came to Zae. He got on my nerves, then sometimes he was such a flirt. I think...... I think I'm falling for H.I.M.

Hey guys. Let me know what you think. I'll try to update more often. Senior year is kicking my cheeks. Thanks for reading.