Chapter Four

Another day in that boring school and (Name) was particularly bored. It was the period before lunch, yet again and she was dozing off in math... yet again.
This occurrence usually resulted in flying school supplies like an eraser or paper wad from Michelle, who sat behind her. Not to mention everyone was a bit sad after Liz left. Making the day especially gloomy.
Thunk
(Name) hissed in over dramatic pain as she snapped her body around in her chair to face Michelle. The teacher was going on about who knows what as this all happened.
(Name) playfully glared at her as she picked up the eraser and stuck it into her bag, sticking her tongue out at Michelle jokingly. Michelle rolled her eyes and continued her notes.

"(Name) do you know the answer?" Mrs. Jackson's annoying nasaly voice asked. (Name) snapped back around and nodded, looking to the bored quickly.
"Y=28 pi." She said looking to the teacher for approval.
"That is correct, thank you." She said, continuing the lesson.
That is why she didn't need to pay attention in class, the girl was above her grade level in most classes due to her grandmothers high expectations.
She sighed and gazed out the window, a tree swayed in the autumn wind as orange leaves fluttered to the ground. How much she would give to be outside enjoying the beautiful day instead of sitting in the stuffy classroom. She moved her gaze around the room lazily, as always.
But then she caught eyes with Peter Parker, who sat at a desk next to her. Her heart, for some reason sped up a little and she looked back down at her desk, tapping her pencil. Peter seemed to look down aswell.
Before she knew it though the bell rung and lunch time had come.
(Name) stood up and started walking out, knowing that she needed to get to the vending machine to grab her soda before everyone else got there.

She walked into the lunch room happily with her soda as she sat down across from Michelle who was eatting the school pizza.
"So, guess what I saw today." Michelle began in a hushed whisper.
"Wha?" (Name) said suddenly wanting to know.
"Peter was staring at you in math." She said in the same volume.
"Yeah, I noticed." (Name) said, feeling her heart do the werid flutter thing again. It was almost like the feeling when you are on a Rollercoaster.
She tilted her head down to hide her pink cheeks and sipped at her soda.
"Then again most of the boys in the school stare at you." Michelle said shrugging and continuing her lunch. (Name) rolled her eyes at her friend.
"Maybe. I was thinking about going to the halloween dance. After all, of I spend most of my English periods helping plan it I might aswell go. Right?" (Name) said, chewing her sandwich.
"Oh yeah, your going even if you don't want to. Me and flash will drag you there." Michelle added.
"And I'm not going with him. Not in a million years." She said, standing.
"And talking about the dance I got to go to prep. We're figuring out how many bags of candy we need. Fun." She said, making the last part sound overly excited. Michelle laughed and shooed her off.
The halloween dance prep lasted half her lunch and her whole english period. Apparently they were ordering decorations to. Plus, she would need to get her notes from someone. And it couldn't be Michelle because Michelle was in a different english period, her art class replaced it.
Michelle also suggested asking flash who would hand his notes over in a heart beat. Of corse (name) refused saying she wanted actual notes and not a whatever he wrote.
But, soon she was home and laying on her bed, exhausted. The day was dragging on and the weekend didn't seem to be in sight.
Although she couldn't seem to relax. And it was a few hours until dinner, being she had just gotten home. So she decided to go on a walk, see the limited new York nature in the daylight.
She walked along the concrete in ripped jeans and a oversized sweater, her fingers just poking out of its sleves. She passed many faces and buildings until she got to the park where all the white flowers were. She smiled and watched the children from the playground beside it run around. She didn't stay to watch as she walked past it and in a random direction.
She listened to the distant sound of cars as she walked along the empty street.
She looked behind her seeing two men in black jackets behind her. Paying no attention to it , however, as it was new York, anyone could be walking the streets.
But after she turned two corners she got concerned, they were still behind her, so she picked up pace. She half jogged and looked behind her, seeing the men were walking faster to.
That's when she started running. Her heart sped and she nearly fell over a few times. She couldn't seem to find a busy street. And she couldn't use her powers. She couldn't risk being found out.
She was soon out if breath and heaving for air, her lungs burning.
"Help!" She yelled, decided playing damsel in distress might be a good option right now.
"Someone please!" She said before someone's arms were around her stomach, throwing her to the ground.
She tried sitting up only to be pushed down. She was obviously not in a good neighborhood and was thrown down in an alleyway.
"You're (Full name) correct?" One of the men said in a deep voice.
"Like hell I'll tell you!" She yelled, trying to sit up, but one of them pressed a foot onto her stomach. She was pushed down and groaned in pain.
"Am I correct?" He asked digging his foot in harder. She held back tears, she couldn't physically use her powers now. They required focus, which she didn't have.
"Yes!" She said out of air. The man took his foot off her and picked her up by the back of her sweater and started dragging her down the alleyway to a parked truck.
"Someone!" She said with the last bit of breath.
"Please!" She finished, black dots filling her vision.
Suddenly her sweater was let go and her back went falling hard onto the concrete. She gathered her breath and shuffled up.
She looked behind her to see spiderman knock the two men's heads together, sending them on the floor knocked out. He used webs to tie their hands together behind them.
"Spiderman?" She said looking the the man wide eyed, clutching her stomach in pain. Her knees were shaking because of being thrown and dragged.
"That's me!" He said turning to the girl. She thought his voice sounded really familiar.
"Can you call the police for me?" He asked her politely. She nodded and took out her phone, which had a smashed screen (it was in her back pocket) and dialed the number.
"Yes, there in an alleyway on the corner of 4th and 23rd." She said, never saying her name.
"No, miss, I'm just an onlooker." She said before giving her a 'you're welcome' and hanging up.
"Not telling them your name?" He asked her as she balenced herself on the wall.
"Nope." She replied shortly as she fell forward, using the boys shoulders when catching herself.
"I'll Web you home, your address?" He asked, picking her up from under the knees.
"(Address). Thank you." She said as he started flying away.
"You need to be more careful (name)." He said to her as they approached her house, he put her down right in front of the door.
"How to you know my name?" She aksed suspiciously. He covered his mouth.
"Now that you mention it your voice sounds familiar. Do I know you?" She asked, edging closer to him.
"Uh, no!" He answered panicked before webbing away.
"Duty calls!" He yelled as he swung behind a building.
She sighed and went inside.

Just what did she get herself into this time?