Chapter Twentyone

The choppers blades cut the thick silence like a dull blade. Jake felt his heart pumping as he closed his eyes, channeling his anger into strength. He could practically see Peters nerves from across the helicopter. Next to him was Tony, Vision and Natasha. They would take down the facility and hopefully find the teen. He had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as that.

The plane landed, and out stepped the five. Jake felt his stomach drop as he saw the entrance to the underground building.
"Remember the plan, if you have any input tell us." Tony reminded them. Peter nodded, it not being his first rodeo. Jake however cracked his knuckles. He was ready.
"Let's go."

Once they made it in, they were met with a sea of guards. Taking them down effortlessly Natasha and Tony split up. Peter was paired with Jake. They were told to go to (name)s room, which was sure to be guarded.

Peter followed behind Jake taking all it in. She had to live here? The place was decked out in blinding white paint. It looked like a hospital. And she had been there for almost four weeks. The poor girl...
He stopped thinking when Jake sighed. They were in front of a door.
"It's weird how no ones here." Peter commented, looking down the long and seemingly never ending hallway. Jake shook his head.
"It's dinner, like I said before everyone's required to be at the mess hall." Jake said, typing something into the keypad next to the door. It opened up, letting them waltz in. The room was empty, and Peter was surprised by how nice it was.
"No one here." Jake reported in.
"Back so soon?" A voice crooned form behind him. Both boys defensively turned to see the man with a cane behind him. Peter had a feeling it was her father.
He seemed to be weapon less, and that for some reason made Jake oddly more nervous.
"I have nothing to loose partner. You won't find her till she's ready. She's being prepared. She really is my daughter. A legend, that girl." He said laughing maniacally. Peter tensed his eyebrows and stomped up to the old man.
"Where is she." He demanded to know. He smiled and shook his head.
"They'll fix her. And she'll fix all of you." Her father said, falling to the floor.
"As for us, we're done." He said, making Jakes eyes widen. He had a tablet in his hands, counting down from five minutes.
"Damn it! Tony this place is set to blow! We have to evacuate! Everyone's in the mess hall, gather who you can!" He yelled, bolting past the passed our old man. He seemed to be insane, so Peter didn't question his sudden fall.

When they made it to the mess hall Natasha, Vision and Tony were already there. They were trying to talk to the others, but they all ignored him. Standing before them was Erwin.
"Back away Erwin. You're times over." Jake said. Erwin snapped his gaze to him.
"We'll go down with the building need be. They won't join your scum." He panted, his feet planted to the spot.
Two minutes.
"You're making a huge mistake Erwin." Tony breathed, watching the timer on his screen tick down.
"No Tony, let me deal with him." Jake said stepping up. It was a face off. Man against man.
Erwin launched at him, Jake ducking. They knew each other's ways, having been taught the same skills by the same man.
Punch after punch it was like the clock was ticking down quicker.
"God Jake this isn't the time to mess around!" Peter yelled, webbing Erwin to the wall.

One minute.
"Let's go!" Tony yelled, grabbing teens by their arms and forcing them out. Some broke, running out of the building. Many followed Patty who ran out first.

Three seconds.
Peter grabbed Jakes arm. They were so close to the exit.

Two seconds.
Ok, so what Peter didn't like him much. He still wanted to save (name), right?

One second.
Webbing to a tree in the distance he grabbed Jake harder, propelling in the arm and out the door as the whole place erupted in flames.

They violently hit against the tree and fell. Jake Ruben his head as the adults guided the others. They were going to some facilitation for mutated teens in Arizona.

"No (Name)." Peter stated, he sat on the floor with his head in his hands.
"Nope." Jake sighed. Rubbing soot off his forehead.
"She'll be alright. I just-" he let out a labored sigh.
"Who knows where she is. But wherever they stuck her, she's probably being manipulated. That's what I gathered from his words at least." Jake said, watching the place he grew up in the last several years disintegrate.
"It'll be fine, put your faith into Tony and them. They know what their doing." Peter added, standing and offering a hand to Jake. He took it and stood.
"I think we're gonna her along. Friends?" Peter asked offering a hand shake. Jake chuckled at the odd kid.
"Sure man, friends." He replied, shaking his hand firmly. Peter gave him a goofy smile before saluting and running off to Tony, probably to ask him what's next.