Chapter Fifteen

This was a terrible idea, yet it was the best she had. She would be homeless, and no matter how much she denied it, her pride would never let her go back. Sighing she continued walking in the night, her backpack and suitcase the only items she owned. Clutching tightly to the photo album she walked through the night. Maybe, just maybe this would work out. Her plan had flaws, and plenty of them.

The plan was simple, get picked up by the enemy. She was almost certain her father still had his lackeys on her, looking for any chance to snatch her up. She would use that to her advantage. She was going to destroy him from the inside out. Gaining his trust and ruining him, just as he had done to her mother. Just as he had eventually done to her family. She was going to make him pay.

The wind snapped at her face, making her pull her hoodie closer to her rosey (color) cheeks. She had left her phone and electronics back at her room, knowing Tony could use that to easily track her. She knew it was mostly teenage angst, and Tony wasn't as bad of a guy as she thought he was, but she was quite annoyed at the man. He was just as damaged and misunderstood as her, having faced struggles like he had. Except he was a playboy millionaire and she was a teenage girl with absolutely no money. Ok, maybe a little bit more of a difference.
She sighed in relief, surprisingly enough when a black van swooped around the corner. Surprisingly it was pretty well kept and nice looking. The windows were tinted and the paint freshly waxed. She stood still as it pulled up, clutching the straps of her backpack tightly.
The van halted to a stop, the passenger door opening. She watched in anticipation as a man stepped out. Unfortunately, it wasn't her father, but a big man with a sleeve of tattoos. He looked like he was in the mafia. He most definitely was, she decided, when she caught glance of a few glittering gold teeth.
He nodded at her, and she held up her hands, the universal sign of surrender.

"Take me to him."

______________________

Was it a mistake?
No.
She thought she was doing what she must. In fact she was quite confident about it.
The car ride was lasting forever, her crammed in the back. It was a few empty seats, a gate like in taxi cabs blocked her from the driver, another man identical to the passenger.
They haven't spoken a word, but communicated with a system of nods and hand gestures.
Glancing at the window she found herself deep in thought. Would she miss Peter and Ned? Yes. She had no idea how long she would be gone. Peter and Ned were her only friends at that point. Even if she was distant she cared about them. Especially Peter. She loved the passion he had, how much he cared.
Sighing, she closed her eyes, taking in another deep breath.
And for her, would she die. Why did her father want her anyway? What if he wanted her dead?
Soon she felt herself dozing off. The hours of aimless wandering got to her.

________________________

When she woke up, she was in an unknown room. It was luxurious, the bed plush and silk. Where was she?
Sitting up she took in her surroundings. It was something out of a little girls fantasy, or out of a medieval castle. There was a wardrobe and the decorations were very much designed after that time period. Where ever she was, it was nice.
Then she realized something odd. There weren't any windows.
She stood, seeing her outfit then. Someone changed her into a completely white outfit of white shorts and a white tank top.

As if timed, the door opened. There stood a man, teen actually, with curly dirty blonde hair, strikingly green eyes and golden tan skin. Not even she could deny he was extremely handsome. Not like Peter handsome. Peter was more cute, he was different.
She stood in defense. She still didn't know who he was and had to be on guard. He was wearing a similar white outfit with a tee shirt and sweats.
"(Name)?" He asked, giving her a small smile. She nodded hesitantly.
"I'm Jake." He said giving her another noticeably white smile. She didn't smile back at all.
"I'm your fathers personal assistant, he's training me." He said, nodding back at the opened door.
"Let's get going, you have people to meet."

Silently the two walked through the white halls. More people in white clothes passed by.
"This is the mess hall," He said walking her in, the large room was blindingly white.
When her eyes adjusted she noticed lots of people eating. She nervously shifted, thinking how odd this whole thing was. She was expecting something a little more villain looking, and less hospital-ish.

"We'll get you something to eat after you get settled. Someone wants to meet you." He said playfully winking. Keeping her completely static face she nodded, following quickly after his long strides.

After following several identical white hallways they arrived at a large pair of white double doors. Beside them was a button. Pressing it Jake spoke in.
"I'm here with her, sir." He spoke, the large doors immediately sliding open automatically. When she looked in her heart stopped.
This man was her father?