Chapter Twentysix

The first thing Peter did the next morning was get to the Stark Tower as quick as possible. He skipped school, it was a Monday. However, his perfect attendance had been ruined ever since he got his powers.

By pure luck he got there at a time where she wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs and trying to break the glass, which was all she did the night before after she woke up. Instead, the (color) haired girl sat with her eyes closed, legs crossed on the floor. Tony looked to be passed out over his console, drool on he screen.

Peter went in as quietly as possible, walking up to the glass. He placed a hand on it, watching her peaceful face. She didn't look the same. Her face was a lot skinnier, and she looked malnourished. Who knows what they did to her...

His heart squeezed as her eyes fluttered opened. Her face stayed hazy for a moment, before hardening when it laid glance in his features. Although she didn't freak out as she did with Tony. Instead, she narrowed her eyes. Conflict was evident on her face.

"(Name)." He whispered, heartbreak in his voice. She didn't respond to the name, like it was a foreign language.
"Are you hungry?" He asked her, she didn't respond. Her stomach contradicted her, growling loudly.

"Tony Stark, Spider man, Natasha-"
"What?" He asked as she repeated the three names.
"Exterminate, return to base." She repeated. It sounded like an order, although she was recalling it. Peter wasn't stupid, and it seemed to all click.

She didn't remember he was Spider Man.

She wasn't trying to kill him because she didn't know who he was without the get-up. She was being brainwashed and programmed like a machine.

He broke out of his trance and ran over to Tony, shaking him awake. Tony woke up quickly, eye wide when he saw the panic boy.

"It's (Name)! They've brainwashed her to only try and kill you, Spider man and Natasha! And she doesn't know I'm Spider man!" He said in a loud whisper, the girl was too busy mumbling in another language to hear.

"Wait-" they were interrupted by the door opening, and an awkwardly standing man to appear.
Peter almost audibly gasped when he saw Bucky. The last time he saw him they were about to arrest the man, and he had webbed him to Sam.

"I'm here..." he said gruffly, looking over to the girl,
"How can I help?"

__________________

The man wasn't to keen on being reassociated back to his past with Hydra, but when he saw the girls state his heart instantly went out to her.
"I'll see what I can do." He told Tony, walking up to the glass. Peter and Tony looked at each other quickly, confused on what he was going to do.

Bucky walked to the door on the side, shaking the Handel a few times. It didn't budge, so he turned and raised an eyebrow at Tony.
"Let me in." He stated, Tony twitched in annoyance.
"That's not a good idea-"
"Do you want me to help the girl or not Tony?" He snapped, causing a loud sigh to emit from Tony's lips. He typed quickly on his panel and he door slide open, quick enough for him to step in.

The girls head shot up and looked at Bucky, before sanding straight and giving an odd salute. Peter watched in fascination yet disgust at what they made her into.
Bucky lifted her wrist that wasn't in a salut, inspecting it.
"Subject: 218, please state your mission." He commanded, making her stiffen. Words flowed out of her mouth almost robotically.
"Kill Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, and Spider Man. Return to base." She said, her salut not wavering as she spoke.

Peter was startled to see it was a tattoo that Bucky had looked at. It read exactly what he said Subject: 218. He was never more mortified. He could hardly believe his eyes.

"vol'no." He said, making her arm fall to her side. She still stood straight and firm. Tony quickly pulled up a translator. It picked up Russian, at ease, he had told her.

"Do you remember who you are?" He asked in English. She cocked her head in confusion.
"(Name) (last name) age 16?" He questioned, she shook her head.
"No sir. I'm subject 218." She stated firmly, her empty words echoing in Peter head. 16? Had she really missed her birthday? It was (date of birth), he assumed she did. Last time he checked she was 15. She was gone for a while.

"The mission has been called off. You are not to return to base. Your name is (name) (last name) born and raised in Brooklyn New York. You are a part under the care of Tony Stark, not out to kill him." He softly told the girl, she clenched her fists, like she was in pain.
"I'm subject 218." She repeated to herself.
"You're wrong. Your no Hydra Commander." She hissed, her face turning red.
"Yes I am." He stated, backing away. The temperature was rising a lot in the room. Beads of sweat appeared on his forehead.

"(Name)-"
"No!" She screamed, Tony read the rooms temperature to be 112 degrees. Bucky ran out and slammed the door, panting. She looked to be in physical pain as she held her head in her hands, falling to the floor.

"(Name)!" Peter yelled, trying to run at the cell she was held in. Bucky held out his metal arm, pulling him back by the collar of his shirt.
"Kid, she's dangerous." He said firmly, making him shake his head.
"No shes-"
"She's like I was when I left, maybe even worse. She remembers a little bit but doesn't want to. They've hurt her-" he took a moment to breath deeply,
"It'll take at least a few months to get her slightly normal. I'm only guessing from what it took me. She's been through hell and back that girl." He said sadly, glancing at her.

"Let me propose a plan."