Chapter Twelve

His face was flushed pink as she paced around her room. He was sat on her bed, feeling pretty awkward.
"I just don't get it." She stated, stopping to put her head in her hands. Peter was too preoccupied freaking out inside about how he was in a girls room.
"-Peter!" She said making him snap his head up. His cheeks went even more red, if that's possible.
"How did you get your powers anyway?" She asked sitting next to him. He shrugged and held out his arm, where they were two barely noticeable dots.
"I was bit by a spider a year or two ago, next thing I know I have there weird powers..." He said, making her nod. It only made sense he was bit by a spider.
"So, what about you? Why was that lady trying to kidnap you?" He asked, making her frown. But then it clicked, Peter could help her! Like her sidekick!
"If I told you could you help me," She whispered, making him raise an eyebrow. He was suddenly interested. He was looking to help someone, being he was out of action for a while, forced to scan the streets for any action. Plus she was really pretty and nice, he wanted to help.
"Um sure..." He said, watching as she stood and opened the window.
"Meet me tomorrow at Central Park, around that big oak tree with all the names carved in it, we sat near it in a trip last year, you remember?" She whispered, he nodded, he assumed she didn't want to talk about it at the tower.
"Good, meet me there at nine am tomorrow, K?" She asked, making him nod. He seemed to be dazed, he didn't know if it was what happened earlier, the sudden information overload, or the fact a really pretty girl was standing in front of him.
"You can go if you want," She said, making him snap out of his thoughts once again.
"Wha- oh! Sure!" He said as he jumped out the window, giving her one last wave as he pulled his mask on. She giggled and shut the window.

"This isn't a date Parker." She chuckled as he walked over to her with two ice cream cones.
"Oh I, Uh, figured-"
She snatched the cone and laughed, patting the bench next to her. He sat and looked at his feet.
"I was just teasing, I think it's sweet." She said to him. Then she got serious, pulling out the photo album.
"When I was born my Mother was kidnaped and killed by my father. My Grandmother found me not long after, although I had been experimented on." She said, cutting right to the point. He flipped through the pages of the book.
"With my own investigation I found out he is a leader of sorts and looking to kidnap me again.
He has people all over the city he's paid off to get me." She sighed, licking the cone sadly. He stared at the picture of her father.
"We need to find him, he's dangerous and has an empire all around. He is also illegally shipping chemicals somewhere, probably for experiments like he did on me." She said, he shut the book.
"Tony can't know, he's doing his own investigation on this and thinks it's too dangerous for me." She said taking it back and putting it away, Peter was listening carefully.
"But I need to find him. I feel guilty about this and it's my problem, but you can help." She said, he nodded.
"I just need a second mind-"
"What about a third?" He asked, she raised an eyebrow.
"What?"
"My friend, Ned, he's a computer genius. He's my guy in the chair. He helps me so much on my missions and he could help you too." He said, trying to convince the girl. She stared a the ice cream, trying to decide.
"Fine." She said, sighing and glaring at him.
"I better not regret this." She stated making his nod, she smiled then.
"Good, now I have a few leads on where he might be. Maybe we should meet with Ned too then? We could meet at school to plan." She said standing, he stood also and stopped her.
"But you can't go there anymore?" He said as she winked at him and began walking away.
"It's called sneaking in." She said, he made an 'O' sound and followed after her.
"How are you going to get in touch with me?" He asked suddenly, making her sigh and tap her phone.
"Already have your phone number." She stated making him surprised.
"How!?"
"I have my ways," She said, causing him to laugh a little.
"We can meet tomorrow around five in the computer lab, alrighty?" She asked as they approached the street, the Uber she called waiting. He nodded and waved as she stepped in.
"Sure!"
He watched the girl go with a sudden burst of happiness. That girl was crazy, but it was suddenly something for him to do. But he liked her, even if she was a little bit risky. She was sweet and charming if she wanted to be. Not to mention she was pretty- how many times had he thought that? He wanted to help, and he didn't know if it was for him or her.