Chapter Eighteen

It had been four days since the incident with her half brother, and four days of getting closer to Jake. It was surprising, but the two had become quick best friends. It felt good to have someone to confide in again, and the fact he always seemed to know how she felt made it even better. Her father, who she haven't seen since instructed she went to the laboratory through Jake earlier. It was odd but she agreed, promising Jake to be on her toes. Although he was the right hand man of her father, he wasn't exactly completely fond of him. Unlike most of the teens there, she had learned he wasn't there since he was a baby, but brought in at age twelve. Now that he was sixteen, her being the same age, it was no surprise he wasn't fooled by his words. He wished the best for his friend.
She had also been being trained by Jake, and although the training was hard, it wasn't much harder from the training she had been doing with Natasha. Although it was more intensely focused on her powers, which had gotten stronger in the simple days she had spent there.

"What do you think he wants with me?" She asked Jake as they walked down the white halls, toward the laboratory she hadn't seen before. He shrugged, causing her to stiffen.
"No idea, but if it hurts you get yourself away." He said, visibly confused and worried for her. She smiled tensely and nodded, aprochhing the huge metal door leading to the mystery.
Giving one last fleeting smile, she slipped in.

What she was met with was anything but 'ok'.
The room she was told to enter was empty, all but a chair (that looked much like the chair she sat on at the dentist) in the middle, surrounded by nothing.
When her back was turned to the door, and she was silently standing there shocked, hands grasped her arms, forcing her into the chair.
"Hey! What are you doing! Let me go!" She shouted, struggling as the doctors strapped her down.
"Hey-"

______________

She woke up in her bed, with a massive migraine. She rubbed her head as she sat up, feeling a burning sensation in her upper arm.
"Oh thank god your awake!" A familiar voice said, making her look to the chair near her bed. Sitting there was Jake, smiling, but then shamefully looking down.
"I'm so sorry I let them do that to you." He mumbled, pathetically avoiding eye contact.
"What did they do?" She asked with venom, curling her arm. In the nape of her elbow was three pokes, seemingly from needles. They all felt different. One felt like it was hot, almost like her skin was on fire.
"They injected you with serum. I should of known they would try to enhance you." He said making her pull her arm close to her chest. She stood up, backing away from him.
"What does that mean?" She asked scrutinizingly. He looked hurt and upset, his face contorting.
"Your going to be stronger now-"
"Out." She said, no timing where this was going. He stood up in defense.
"But-"
"Get out!" She shrieked, closing her eyes. Before she knew it he screamed, and heat overflowed the room.
She opened her eyes, to see the dresser he was standing behind covered in flames. He had just missed it, and was unscathed.
In horror she instinctively held her hand out, and was shocked with what happened next. Water shot out of her hand like a hose, soaking the fire, leaving noting but a wet, charred dresser.
She backed up, speechless.

He said nothing but approached her, causing her to fall to the floor in defeat and shock.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled, pulling her into a hug. She sobbed into his arms. Her world seemed utterly destroyed.

For the first time, she wanted to go home. She wanted to see Tony again. She wanted noting but to embrace Peter in a hug and tell him how she felt.
Yet she knew she couldn't. She would never let this continue.
When she had her first chance, this place would go down.

They were going to wish they never made her stronger.

(Kinda short but I had to get down to the point, new update later today or early tomorrow)