Chapter Nine

So there she was, standing in a room that, actually, wasn't her room. At least it didn't feel like it. She was surprised to hear she actually got to stay on the floor all the other Avengers used to when they were visiting or a important mission was going on where they had to be ready at a minutes notice. Although now it was baron since the Avengers split up and only once in a while would Natasha or Rhodey be staying. The floor had multiple rooms with bathrooms attached, a kitchen, a den, and a theater of sorts. She wasn't surprised to see she had her own computer and television in her room, although it didn't quite feel like her room. Maybe it was because her old apartment was the complete opposite of her new home, or maybe it was the fact that she had zero of her belongings there. So that was her next mission, make it feel a little bit more like home.
After texting Tony she would be heading out- the fact that she could actually text Tony Stark still being surreal- she hailed a cab and was on her way back to Queens.

She wasn't surprised to find the front door locked and one of her neighbors giving her weird looks from their window. She sighed and walked around to the back, where her bedroom was, and lifted the window easily. The house was so old the windows didn't even lock. When she got in she ransacked her room of almost all her cloth and photos that were hanging. It took a while but two suitcases later she was done. But not quite.
The girl wheeled her suitcases out, her home wasn't feeling quite like 'home' anymore. There was no soap operas blasting from the living room. Nothing was cooking in the kitchen. Everything wasn't perfectly cleaned and smelling like lemon cleaner. It seemed lifeless, the whole house looked depleted of color and life. It was honestly depressing but yet she didn't want to leave. She set her suitcases aside and walked to her grandmothers rooms door. She wasn't ever in there, she never had a reason to. But now, she felt it necessary. She touched the cold door handle and stood there for a minute, debating going in. She had to though, she would never forgive herself if she left all of her memories behind. She wasn't starting fresh by staying at the tower in any way, she was simply at the next stage of her life. She gulped away her anxiety and pushed the door open, to be met with the smell of the strong perfume she would always wear. First thing she noticed was her jewelry chest. She tenderly opened it to see two pieces of jewelry. One was her wedding ring, and the other the silver heart necklace she always wore. It wasn't anything special, just a small sliver heart on a chain. She felt it odd, her Grandmother never took them off. So why that day, the day she died? (Name) stuffed the ring into the empty book bag she brought with her and put the chain around her neck. Her Grandmother was never big on jewelry, but she always wore those two. Next she decided to look through her nightstand. It felt a bit invading but it was something everyone had to do at some point when someone past away.
She slide the draw open, looking inside. It was fairly empty, but sitting besides the half read book was something she never saw. It was a leather photo album. She sat on her bed and quickly opened it. First was pictures of her Grandmother and Grandfathers wedding. After was her Mother as a baby. She had never seen pictures of her parents before. She always assumed they didn't have any pictures because her Grandmother would always describe her. Silky (color) hair and green eyes mixed with silver that would shine, her smile perfect. It was like the picture, because she did have those traits. It was pretty much all pictures of her Mother growing up. She looked identical to (Name), almost, her eyes weren't similar at all.  There was a go in the book where it looked like photos had been taken out. But three were still there. One was a photo of her Mother, older and probably in her early twenties standing with a man. She was smiling huge and holding his hand. He, however, had a forced looking smile. He was very tall and had a full head of black hair. One thing however struck her, he had (color) eyes identical to hers. When she realized who it was she started quickly flipping through the pages. Next was her Mother, pregnant, smiling while she sat in a rocking chair. That was the last picture. Of corse, knowing her past as a newborn they wouldn't have any pictures. But it was bitter sweet. These where some of the last pictures of her mother ever taken. She closed the album and put it in her bag. She had to leave because the sun was starting to set. But one thing was certain. She was at the next step to finding her Father. She had a picture of him now.

She took a cab back to the tower and lugged all of her belongings up to her room. It took a while but she had finally hung up all her cloth and put her pictures on the walls, with help of Tony. She had one of her and Michele in an arcade on Michele's birthday,and another of her next to Liz, standing in front of the school. Next was one her her and her Grandmother at the park, (Name) was no older then five. And next to that was one she took out of the photo album. It was one of her Grandmother and Mother, at the park. It was very close to the one she had of her but at a different park. Her Grandmother was much younger in the picture.
"Hey." A voice said from the door, she turned from admiring the pictures.
"Oh, hey." She said back to the older woman who stood at the door.
"Tomorrow wake up at five, we will start to train."