Chapter Ten

Her alarm alarm blared at five am sharp.
Wait.
She didn't set an alarm?
Looking around the girl picked up her phone, upon looking at it she realized it actually wasn't her phone ringing the annoying tone. Then where was it coming from?
The girl took a moment before realizing it came from all around her. The noise was beginning to become obnoxious.
"Stop already!" She yelled, covering her head with her pillow. This wasn't easy, adjusting to a life style. She had never moved houses, and frankly, never left her state. The girl simply didn't respond to change very well.
"Of corse Miss (Name)."
The girl peeled the pillow off her head when she heard the voice. Not knowing where it was coming from she panicked and held her hand out.
"Who's there!?" She said, looking all around her.
"Oh, did Mr Stark not introduce me?" The proper voice asked, she shook her head frantically.
"Nope!"
"Well then, I am Friday, the AI system here at Stark towers." The voice said, she sighed realizing it was just a robot.
"Oh." She said letting out the breath she was holding back.

"Your late." Natasha said as she cracked her knuckles and stopped her assault on the punching bag.
"I know, sorry about that. Tony conveniently forgot to mention Friday and I freaked out, I thought someone snuck into my room." She said as she approached the woman.
"So, whats first?" She asked the red head, who nodded to the punching bag.
"I want you to hit it as hard as you can." She said simply. The girl shrugged, no big deal. Easy as cake.
The girl flung her hand at the punching bag, but it didn't even move. She recoiled and held her hand to her chest.
"Ow." She hissed, looking at her red knuckles. Natasha sighed and shook her head in disappointment.
"Looks like we have a lot to cover."

She left training around noon. That's what brought her to her current state, holding an ice bag to her hand. They had spent the whole time learning to punch. She never knew it was so hard to do correctly.
Sighing, she sat on a stool and took a deep breath. Was this her life now? Constant training? If today was like everyday it was going to take a long time to learn the basics.
She sat around after that for a couple hours, watching television in her room. She decided it was quite boring and took out her phone.

Hey loser

She typed the words out but her thumb hovered over the send key.
Was she really about to text her. Michelle had treated her like she was toxic the last time she went to school. She knew she had a reason but she couldn't help but feel betrayed. She had known her for years, and yet she believed she was a monster like the stories the media fabricated?
Not wanting to hurt herself she exited the app and threw her phone on her bed, sighing she buried her face into her pillow. Was this really happening? Had she lost all her friends?
She hasn't even checked her social media in over a week, afraid of what she would see.

She sat there for a while and decided she had more important matters to dwell on, i.e. who her father was. She decided to brainstorm the situation. She already knew she couldn't ask Tony for help, he would just slow her down. He thought he had a grip on the situation, and that her pursuing it was just dangerous for her and him.
Who's left- she decided anyone associated to the Avengers was off the list, too much of a risk.
She had made a decision. With 'friends' still playing on her screen she thought of a plan.
She had to steal Tony's file on her father, but just how was she going to go about that? It could jeopardize her whole situation. Plus Friday was a threat, he had tabs over the whole building. Even her computer, meaning she couldn't look anything related to it up online.
So she decided on the next best thing, the public library.

She arrived at the public library later that afternoon. It smelt like books and old lady perfume.
She nearly broke the computer in two. They were so outdated and old that it could almost pass for a ancient artifact. The computers were so slow she felt her sanity draining. She didn't even know where to begin. The girl dig her brain of anything to use as a lead.
She almost cried out in happiness when she remembered something, something not even Tony knew. She had a head start to him now.

The day they had attempted to kidnap her, she saw something. In his pocket was a flier for 'Workers Appreciation Day' at a place called 'Number Eleven'.
The girl quickly typed it into the search bar and waited two minutes until it loaded, it was a knock off Los Vegas casino in downtown Manhattan. She was really confused on how this had absolutely anything to do with them? Maybe it was a cover up, or a hideout?
She had no idea, but she decided on finding out. She was going to go to that place and see if there was anything off.

The next day she found herself reluctant to enter the place. It was rundown and smelt like cigarette smoke from outside. There wasn't even security guards checking IDs. Wincing, she walked in, she hood over her head.
The inside was worse. It reeked of alcohol, smoke and B.O. The girl made her way around, scoping the place out. It was early in the day, and no one was there. She noticed a metal door in the back. She cautiously approached it.
It suddenly opened, making the girl hide behind a pool table.

"So, Vince, the boss beat hard on you?" The one man asked, looking at the other. The other man, Vince, had cuts on him like someone was hitting him with rings on their hands.
"Shut up, you know he wouldn't do that if I didn't deserve it. Apparently the distributer is coming soon and he wants us to be 'on our best work'. I would be afraid of that guy too. Rumor has it he experiments on people who don't do the work he gives them. No wonder boss would be scared. He also burnt down a whole building that was supposed to smuggle him some sort of chemicals and failed." The men said, they started to leave when he finished saying that.
She decided that was enough information and left the building. So that's what they were, just a supplier.
She wondered if that guy they were talking about was her father. Was he really that ruthless?

She set out that day with a new task, find a partner. Maybe another mind would help her break down whatever was going on within that corrupt place. And hopefully it would lead them to her father.
But a girl could only hope, couldn't she?