Bonus Chapter: Thrity Three

"No offense, but you could literally buy the most expensive cake in all of Manhattan. Why are you attempting to bake one? Last time you tried to cook you burnt that poor toaster strudel to ashes." Peter commented from the doorway of his kitchen. (Name) stood clad in Aunt Mays 'kiss the cook' apron, a look of sheer determination on her face. Peter loved her, but sometimes he swore she had a screw loose.

"Because, Tony's done so much for me. And nothing shows appreciation like a homemade cake! My grandma made one for me every birthday." She said as she put her hands on her hips, glancing around the small kitchen.

May appeared beside Peter, raising an eyebrow at the small girl.
"What does she think she's doing?" She asked in disbelief as the girl squinted at the instructions on the cake mix.
"Baking." Peter said dumbfounded. May sighed and shook her head.
"When I get home from work, make sure she's is still intact."
"I'll try..."

____________________

"Ok! Step one! Preheat oven at three thousand sixty five degrees!" She said aloud, upbeat as she skipped to the oven. Peter snatched the box from her hands.
"Three hundred sixty five. You sure you don't want my help?" He asked, nervously. She glared lightheartedly at him and shook her head.
"I already said I'm doing his on my own! Now, back off bug boy." She said smiling and pushing him away. She turned the oven on with a triumphant smile.

"Step two, pour the mix into a medium sized bowl." She said, noticing Peter reappear in the doorway. Ignoring him, she picked up the electronic mixer, not being able to find any metal bowls.
'This should do for now,' she thought, emptying the powder into it, 'and it'll make mixing faster.'

Reading the next step she fished two eggs out of the fridge. Attempting to crack one over the bowl, hitting it harshly on the edge. However, when she did it practically exploded, egg whites all over the counter.
"Crap!" She cursed, earnings a chuckle from her boyfriend. She glared at him and he held his hands in surrender.
"Hand me a new egg please?" She asked as he nodded, completely amused at the poor attempt she was making.

He walked over with a new egg, pulling it away when she tried to grab it.
"Let me show you first," he said smiling slightly. He tried not to smile big enough for her to notice, knowing she'd just get more frustrated that he found it funny.

"You brake it lightly, so no shell gets in." He said, leaning over her and braking it on the bowl. He wasn't a 'Gordon Ramsey- god tier' chief either, but he at least knew how to cook eggs.

"Ok." She said nodding, taking the second egg. She took a deep breath before lightly tapping it on the bowl, grinning when it broke just a bit. She managed to only get one piece of shell in the bowl, which Peter sweetly fished out for her.

"Alrighty, mixing time!" She said, plugging the machine in. Peter wasn't to keen on her using the electric mixer, but he didn't see anything wrong with it.

She switched it on, putting it on full blast. Like the snap of a finger, a cloud of chocolate colored dust had covered the kitchenette.

Peter and (Name) stood in silence for a moment. Before Peter looked at (Name) in pure amusement. But what he saw made his heart drop. She had tears welling in her eyes as she stared at the ground, her hands in fists. She bit her lip to hold back the tears. However some escaped, leaving trails in the powder that covered her face.

"Hey! Hey." Peter said holding her shoulders. She didn't make eye contact as he wiped the powder off her face.
"It's ok! We have another box of mix, and I'll help you this time!" He said smiling calmly at the girl. She shook her head, suddenly burying her face in his dirty shirt.

"I can't even make a stupid cake!" She shouted muffled into his chest. He chuckled and rubbed her back.
"I mean-" he said stoping to bite back a laugh. He couldn't help but find the whole situation comical.
"What?!" She asked, smiling through the tears as she pulled her face away. She laughed and punched his chest lightly.
"What are you laughing at?!" She said, glaring playfully. He feigned a surprised look as he held his heart.
"Nothing! Definitely not you!" He said jokingly as she slapped his chest and walked away.

"Oh shut up! I was the one who had to show you how to fold a shirt correctly that one time! Don't act all high and mighty on me sir." She scoffed as she wiped down the counter and took out the second box of mix.

"Yeah, well I guess we make a pretty good pair." He said, smiling howl heartedly at her. She smiled and turned to him.
"I guess we do." She said, going on her tip toes and giving him a kiss on his nose.

"Now, help me make this stupid cake. He only turns fourth right once after all." She said, ignoring the stupid love sick smile on Peters face.

A/n: expect more of these cute bonus chapters while your waiting for the second book to be published! :) <3