Bonus Chapter: Thirty Four

"Hey, you alright kid?" Tony asked as he watched the girl sit by the window, gazing out of it expectantly. She nodded, barely listening.

"Uh huh. Yep." She mumbled, staring at the sidewalk that leads to the back entrance. That's the way Peter always came in.

"Yeah, sure." Tony said, folding his arms.
"I've decided to go visit Thor on Asgard and give him the secret formula-"
"What?"
"Now your listening." Tony said sighing, watching the girl check the time. It was almost afternoon. He would always do that when he knew she wasn't paying attention, say something completely ridiculous so she does.

"Whats up with you. You've been staring out that window like your waiting for you husband to return from war." Tony commented, causing her to scoff.
"What, no. It's just-" she paused to sigh,
"Today's me and Peters one year anniversary." She mumbled, shaking her head,
"I know I'm insane waiting like this, but he promised me the day with him. The whole day. Not bits and pieces like usual because he has school or is saving Queens." She said, picking at her freshly painted nails.
"And now it's three in the afternoon and he hasn't even texted me..."

"Oh, that's not right." Tony mumbled confused.
"What do you mean?" (Name) asked, looking over at the older man. He shook his head, obviously distressed.
"Peter wouldn't miss today for the world. Something unusual must of happened. Let me check on him." He said pulling out his phone, (Name) shrugged, glancing at the street.
"I've tried to call him three times already, but go ahead and try." She said, checking her phone again for texts.

After two missed phone calls Tony was worried. Peter never didn't pick up calls from him. And he also never fought with (Name). Tony was pretty sure Peter wouldn't let so much as a mosquito hurt his girlfriend, let alone himself. Something must of happened to him. So Tony did what he had to, tracked his location. Last thing that would happen was Peter ruining (Name)s day. He loved both the kids, but having lived with (name) for almost two years now, she was practically a daughter to him and Pepper.
He scrunched his brow when he saw his location.

_______________

Nine fifty at night.
(Name) couldn't believe it. She took a nap while she was waiting for him around four in the afternoon, and then next thing she knew she was awake late at night. And more annoyingly, Peter wasn't anywhere to be found. And no texts. She felt anger bubble in her and she shook her head. Peter wouldn't do this for no reason, he probably was doing something important. She just had to wait his explanation out.

Although she kept telling herself so, by eleven at night she was fuming. He couldn't take out twenty seconds to text her that he was ok. And to top it off, Tony was MIA since he left to call Peter and Pepper had to deal with a meeting in L.A.

When she heard the sound of muffled voices in the television room she stood up, stomping her way down the hall.

"Peter Benjamin Parker you better have a damn good reason- holy crap what happened!?" She said when him and Tony came into view. Peter was walking on crutches, bandaged all over. Tony leaned against the wall as he watched it unfold.

She ran up to him and hugged him tightly, he held back a groan and hugged her back.
"I'm so, so sorry-"
"Shut up." She said, shaking her head.
"What happened?" She asked him, gently touching his busted lip.

"I found this mutant busting up some neighborhood, he was really strong. If it wasn't for Mr. Stark id be Peter-mash right now." He said, shaking his head and looking down.

"The flowers I got you are kinda dead in a drainpipe somewhere downtown- but this survived." He said pulling out a heart shaped box, taking a 'closer' look he realized the box of chocolates was long gone, smushed only one clump. The punch he got when he was still wearing his school bag crushed all the gourmet chocolates. He scrunched his nose.

"Hey-" (Name) said smiling warmly at him.
"We have a million anniversaries ahead of us, this is only our first." She took his free hand in hers as he propped himself on one cane.

"You do realize we're only seventeen right?" She chuckled, causing him to nod.
"Then lighten up and change your clothe so we can chill for a while and watch tv." She said, noticing Tony was long gone.

"Peter." She started as he stopped and turned back.
"Yeah?"
"You know I love you regardless of chocolate and flowers right? I honestly didn't even think to get you a gift, spending a day together enough." She said softly,
"But hey, a twisted ankle will give you about a week off from world saving." She said with a goofy smile. He smiled back and nodded.