Chapter Twentynine

**a/n DONT RUIN INFINITY WAR I HAVENT SEEN IT AGG**

Three weeks later

Since she found her mind again, Tony had placed (Name) back into a room in her tower. However, it had no windows and she was checked up on by Vision every once in a while. It wasn't all that bad, considering what she had been in. But there were some issues.

Tony had dealt with it all at first, from the full blown panic attacks to the PTSD induced nightmares. He stayed with her and calmed her down, and even went as far as to get food with her at midnight when neither of them could sleep.

It had been a few weeks since then, and she wasn't having anxiety attacks everyday like before, and the simple sound of someone yelling didn't trigger her to hyperventilate, but it was still bad. She hadn't also been allowed to see anyone outside the tower, mostly because she was so unstable. But she didn't mind, she spent most of her time reading mindlessly, because sometimes the TV was too much for her.

"Hey kid." Tony said walking into her new room. He smiled at the sight, sitting curled up on her bed she had Peters sweater on and was reading a book. She turned her head to him and nodded, she hadn't talked as much since.
"So, I was thinking I could have Peter over today or tomorrow, he's been texting me everyday and asking if it is the day he can see you." He informed her, he saw a brief smile on her face before it disappeared.

"Ok." She said, looking back down at the book. He sigh and and sat the edge of her bed.
"How you feeling, physically?" He asked her, she shrugged.
"Normal I guess, sometimes I get a heat flash but that's just from the serum." She told him shortly. He nodded, watching her gaze flicker from him to the door. Ever since she came back she had been hyper aware to everything.

"Hey Tony?" She asked after a moment of silence. They both had been deep in thought.
"Yeah kid?"
"Why do you care so much? Why don't you just leave me in someone else's hands?" She asked him genuinely. It was the most emotion he had seen her show other then the anxiety attacks. His eyes widened before he could muster his answer.

"Well, I care about you. You reminded me of myself a bit. Obviously there's some differences, but you were just kid who wanted a normal life, and I wanted that when I was a teenager. Only thing is your dealing with an abnormality and I was famous.... I also got custody over you, if you remember." He told her, she nodded.
"I do."

There was another moment of silence, before she broke it.
"Thanks."
"For what?" He asked chuckling. She smiled sadly and looked at her bed sheets, playing with a loose string.
"For not giving up on me." She explained, she wasn't a girl of many words anymore.

He stood and walked to the door.
"Anytime kid. By the way, I'll tell Peter to come over later." He said, causing her to nod. He looked back right before he completely shut the door, to see her smiling unknowingly. He himself smiled as he walked away.

_____________________

"Don't bring up anything of what happened unless she initiates it. Call me if anything happens. She's different." Tony said as they walked to her room. Peter nodded excitedly, causing Tony to sigh.

"What's in the bag?" He asked, making Peter instinctively look at it.
"Oh! I got her some of her favorite junk food, and I bought her a movie we wanted to see together before she left." He explained as he almost was jogging he was walking so fast. Tony nodded thoughtfully, chuckling.
"Sure she'll appreciate it."

"In here-" Tony said as he pointed to her new room. Peter excitedly went to go in, but Tony stopped him quickly.
"Remember what I said." He said seriously, making Peter nod quickly. Tony began to walk away as Peter knocked.
"Come in." She said softly, he smiled as he opened the door.

She sat on her bed, still in his sweater and pajamas. However, she still somehow managed to amaze Peter. He smiled and walked in, closing he door behind him.
"How you doing?" He asked, sitting next to her. She shrugged, not making eye contact with him.

"Better." She managed to say. He nodded, thinking up words to say.
He looked over her face. It regained color and she no longer looked starved. She was practically back to what she looked like before, except the dark circles under her eyes were relentless.

"How much sleep have you been getting?" He asked worriedly, taking a seat at the bottom of her bed. They were both cross legged, looking at each other. Except (Name) refused to make eye contact with him.

"Barely two hours a day in little increments... when ever I sleep I get these flashbacks and-" she stopped, her hands forming fists. He put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to take a deep breath.

"I don't think I'm ever gonna forget Peter. I'll never be normal-" She paused and let out a soft chuckle. It was leaking with pain and remorse,
"I've never been normal." She said, obviously self loathingly. She spoke quiet and shy, every word full of emotion. Her eyes stayed trained on her hands that were fists in her lap.

Peter stayed quiet, his heart felt like it was being squeezed. He couldn't believe how hurt she was, emotionally. It was hard, seeing someone you love so destroyed and not being able to do anything. The silence was thick around her, however his was light and full of thought.

He couldn't decide what to say, so he decided not to say anything.
Instead, he launched forward and pulled he girl into a hug. After a good five seconds he felt her relax and hug him back. She let out soft sobs as she squeezed him.

"Your right, your not normal. But neither is Mr Stark or I, or any of the old avengers for that matter. Sometimes the strangest and most damaged people are the best." He said softly, he never treated anyone like this. However it didn't stop him from holding her like she was a piece of art, fragile and priceless. He found what he was saying extremely cheesy.

The tense silence disappeared and was replaced with a light one. He didn't let go, or did she. Even when her sobs turned to sniffles, and eventually soft snores. He laid her down in the made bed, sitting next to her. He smiled, happy she was getting some sleep.

He realized after an hour of sitting next to her and going on his phone that she was actually getting some quality sleep, so he decided to take a nap too. He closed his eyes, and laid in the opposite direction, and eventually fell asleep.