Did I really sleep in that late

Bethany POV 

Last night sleep took the best of me I guess I was in a deep sleep. But I felt someone shake me i rub my eyes and open them and see it's my mom. She tells me "Mija Bethany its almost 12 you slept in really late". I look at the clock and I get up real fast but then my mom stops me and tells me "Don't worry I'm not mad and you don't have to go to school don't worry but get ready your dad called me and I told him you were still sleeping but he said he will pick you up for lunch with him and Alma". I look at her and tell her "Did I really sleep that late". She looks at me and laughs and tells me "Yes you did really sleep in that late but start getting ready they will be here any minute". I just laugh and smile and went into my closet took look for an outfit. I texted the girls telling them what happen they kind of figured and they also told me Gelo is worried that I didn't show up to school and they told me they will not tell him anything that they will let him worried as a pay back. I just laughed and continued looking for my outfit. Once I picked out my outfit I went to go change into it

I put it on I straighten my hair and did simple make up and went down stairs to wait for my dad and step mom

I put it on I straighten my hair and did simple make up and went down stairs to wait for my dad and step mom. After 5 minutes they came. I grab my purse and sun glasses on and walked out with them to the car and said bye to my mom.

Gelo POV
Bethany didn't come to school today I know I fucked up but maybe I was right about what I said maybe Janelle only wants to be friends so I told the guys what happen and they were automatically on Bethany side I was trying to tell them what I think but they all think she trying to get me to be her boyfriend. I asked the girls where was Bethany at and why she didn't come but they told me the don't know or she probably had something to do I tried talking to them about the fight I had with Bethany but they were also on her side so I went over to Janelle and told her if she wants to be friends and be part of our group she automatically said yes.

Bethany POV
I was in the car with my dad and stepmom I was quiet until my step mom asked me "honey are you okay you seem very quiet today". I sigh and look at her and tell her "'not really". She tells me "what happened". I told her "we could talk about it when we get to the cafe or restaurant". We drove about 20 minutes to a nice outdoor restaurant it was really pretty that I took a picture of it. We park the car and get inside and the hostess sits us right away and gives us our menus and then she left my step mom told me "ready to talk about it". I shook my head yes and then I told her everything that happened and she tells me" Gelo doesn't believe bat she wants him to be her boyfriend and not yours". And I told her "yes he believes that she is trying to be friends only".

Our waitress came took our drink order and food order and collected the menus. We kept on talking about other stuff and things we could do and also if I want to get away from where I live and school the offer still stands then I get 2 messages one from Melo and the group chat I have with the girls and they said the same things

Gelo asked Janelle if she wanted to be friends and hang out with the group

My dad and step mom saw my face expression and replied back and they told me to hangout at another table with the girls then my dad and stepmom asked me "what happened is everything okay". I told them they were surprised Gelo did that they told me just hangout with the girls at another table then I get a message from my mom and Tina and LaVar I guess Melo told them what Gelo did and they all told it will be okay. Then my dad and stepmom told me "just deal with it until homecoming dance and see what happens if something happens you could move in with us and transfer schools". I shook my head yes and our food came we ate and my dad told me they will be there the day of the homecoming dance to take pictures and also my sister and brother will come along too.

Then I asked my dad "hey dad can I ask you something". He tells me "sure mija what's up". I tell him "is there any chance we could also be part Hawaiian my friends tell me that we looked mixed". He laughs and says "we are part Hawaiian and I'm very into the culture too and I want you to embrace that also". I told him " I would love to". He also told me if I could come to Hawaii with them to meet my grandparents and family from there I told him of course. I was really happy I came to eat with them because it got my mind off things.