Chapter 4

Matt's POV

I called Nash and Cam over and told them about the phone and we decided to go and return it tonight.

We went back to our room first and I showered. It had been a long day.

When the three of us where ready we headed over to the house. I have to admit for two 16 year old girls they had a pretty nice house.

We knocked twice and waited.

Jess's POV

I was really worried about my phone I promised my mom id text her every night so I had to call on the land line. Me and Taty were watching TV when there was a knock at the door I went over and opened it.

As I opened the door I was standing in front of Matthew Espinosa, Nash Grier and Cameron Dallas. I had a blank look on my face and turned around and yelled for Taty she came running. She looked at the door and almost fainted.

Matt was just staring at me and I was staring back.

Matt's POV

I didn't think I was staring till Nash broke the silence.

"Uh I think we found your phone." He said

I didn't react at first but then I fell out of my daze and realized what he had said.

"Oh right yea here it was on the floor." I said sounding startled

"Oh thank you so much!" Jess replied

"Uh Nash if you don't mind could I ask you a few questions?" Taty asked

"Yea for sure!"

Cam followed them as they went outside and sat on the patio.

Me and Jess continued to stare at each other and I decided to break the silence.

" I think I know you from somewhere.."

"Uh really?" She replied in a questioning tone

"Yea you and I went to Clearwood elementary, we were best friends from Pre-K till grade 5"

By now we were inside sitting at the kitchen table

"Oh yea Matt I remember now I tried my best to forget about you"

Jess and I had been best friends for 7 years. Till I messed up the most important friendship I ever had. I started hanging out with these guys that were pretty cool, but the only problem was they didn't like the fact that I was friends with Jess. Back in elementary she had braces and glasses and was a little fatter than the average 5th grader. The guys made me start bullying her and making her feel bad and I did. She stopped talking to me and completely shut herself out from the world. I really hurt her and I told myself if I ever saw her again I would make things right.

"Jess I'm so sorry for everything I did, I never meant to hurt you I chose popularity over my best friend."

I could see tears welling up in her eyes and scooted my chair over to her. I put my arm around her and tried my best to comfort her.

The reason I didn't notice her was because she lost the brasses and glasses and lost a lot of weight. I actually didn't recognize her at all.

Nash walked in with Taty clinging on him and laughing. They stopped and looked at us.

"Oh do you guys want some more alone time?" Nash asked

"No it's fine we're gonna go for a walk."

I pulled Jess up and grabbed her hand and we walked out. While we were walking we were just talking about what happened and how sorry I was. By the time we got back it was pretty late so Nash called a cab and we left I gave Jess a huge hug and my number. I'll be seeing her tomorrow but I wanted to able to text her.

Nash's POV

That was a pretty interesting night Matt reunited with an old friend I'm pretty I have a thing with Taty, and Cam.. well nothing happened with Cam.

I really like Taty and she seems so nice. I think she likes me too. We're seeing them tomorrow again and I can't wait.

"Dude why are you so quiet?" I asked Matt

"idk man I'm just thinking about stuff." he replied

"YOU GOTTA BAE OR NAHHH IS YOU TRYNA DATE OR NAHH" Cam sang

"Shut up Cam" Matt snapped

The rest of the drive was really quiet. when we got back to the hotel we didn't really talk much. I tried to film a video which turned into a slap cam fight. Then we just decided to crash early so we had enough energy for tomorrow.

I woke up around 2 in the morning and Matt was on his phone.

"Matt have you been to sleep yet?" i asked

"no I've been on instagram and twitter." he replied with a really tired voice

"looking at what?"

"Jessica.."

"dude what happened?"

He told me everything and I told him that he should really try to talk to her more and hang with her so she can get to know the real him. He was really crushed about what happened with Jess and I felt bad. I told him to get some rest. We both went to sleep and my alarm went of at 7:30. We all got up and got ready and headed to the event.