Chapter 32

Jess's POV

It was July 1, Canada day back home. I was up before everyone so I made a nice breakfast and set it outside. Slowly everyone made their way to the food and we all enjoyed the morning.

~Ding~

I heard the doorbell ring and went to go get it.

I opened the door not expected two quite attractive guys standing there.

"Hi can I help you?"

"Yea we're looking for Matt" the tall one said

"Matt! the door is for you" I called to him.

"Who is It-" Matt said walking to the door

"Matt! damn how's the famous life treating you?"

Matt almost looked stunned.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked trying to get him out of his daze.

"Uh Jess could you give us a minute?"

"Yea for sure" I went back to the patio to finish my breakfast with the rest of the guys.

Matt's POV

We were all peacefully eating breakfast when the door bell rang. Jess got up and went to get it and 2 minutes after she left she called me to the door. I walked over and the moment I was most worried about was happening.

"Jess, could you give us a minute?"

She happily agreed not questioning either of the two guys standing in front of her. We must've all changed a lot.

"Whoa whoa, is that Jess, Jess? the Jess we all picked on and tormented?" Tyler asked

"Yes it is and as a matter of fact she's my girlfriend." I snapped back "look guys I don't know if she'll be ok with you guys being here. I mean we did ruin her life."

"Bro don't worry she'll warm up to the idea."

"Alright, common in ill introduce you to everyone. just leave your bags here for now."

We walked through the house to the patio doors and I walked out with Tyler and Michael behind me.

"Hey guys so these are my two friends back from Virginia." I took a deep breath and prepared myself for Jess's reaction. " This is Tyler and Michael"

I looked at Jess and her eyes went wide.

"I-I'm gonna go clean up the kitchen" she said sounding nervous.

"Jess wait!" I called after her.

She was at the sink cleaning a pan.

"What the fuck Matt!" she said dropping the pan in the sink. " You do remember grade 5?"

"Yes, yes I do, but we all changed and I didn't even think about before I agreed to letting them stay here." shit I havn't gotten to the part about them staying here.

"You did not just say they're staying here did you? I can't believe this." she was almost yelling.

"Jess wait ple-"

"Just.. just stop, I kinda want to be alone right now. I had hoped I'd never have to see either of them ever again"

Her voice calmed down and she went upstairs and came back down in shorts, a t-shirt and running shoes.

She slid the patio doors open and walked past Michael and Tyler without giving either of them any contact.

I wet back outside to join the others.