Chapter 33

Nash's POV

Matt's birthday was tomorrow and I wanted to throw him a surprise party. I had it all somewhat planned but I just needed everyone's help.

"Taty, I need your help with something tomorrow."

"Yea sure what is it?" she said looking up from her phone.

"We're gonna surprise Matt for his birthday.

I told her the plan and she was all for it.

"Ok so you go talk to Ally, Ariana and Jess. Ill go talk to Taylor, Cam, Michael and Tyler."

She went outside where all the girls were sitting by the pool, while I went downstairs to where all the guys were playing ps4.

"Hey guys can we talk for a sec? where's Matt?"

"He's up getting drinks from the garage, what's up?"

"Ok we're having a surprise party for Matt Tomorrow. All the guys are coming down too!"

"Guys there was only coke left"

I whipped around and Matt was walking down the stairs.

"We'll talk later" I said softly so only the 3 guys in front of me could hear.

-----

Jess's POV

"So how was that dinner." I said looking up into Matt's eyes.

We were walking down the boulevard making our way back home. I was waiting for Taty's text saying that we could come home.

"Amazing! it was an amazing dinner with an amazing girl."

I blushed And we kept walking. I finally got a text from Taty.

Matt's POV

Jess and I were on our way home walking extremely slow. But I didn't mind at all. We got back to the house and before I walked in I wanted to give Jess a thank you kiss. I turned around and she wasn't there.

"Jess?" I called.

I opened the door and all the lights were off. Hm I guess they're at the beach. I flicked on the light and everyone jumped out from behind counters and behind couches and they all yelled surprise!

Ill be honest with you I was surprised.

Everyone was here. Carter, Jack and Jack, Aaron, Shawn, Jacob and Mahogany.

---

Throughout the night I thanked everyone and had a drink or too.

"Bro I have a birthday present for you!" I turned and Michael was standing behind me.

"Oh hey! cool"

"Come I have to show you. Actually watch it later."

"Okay.." I didn't know what it was gonna be but I left it alone for now.

----

I woke up the next morning in my bed with my girlfriend. But something was itching in the back if my brain. Oh right Michael birthday gift. I got out of bed and went to the basement were he told me it was.

I walked down and there was a note stuck to the DVD player remote

"Press play"

I did as it said and a video of security footage was playing. I was trying to make out we're it was. It was the outside camera that was supposed to be facing the pool but was now facing the kitchen window.

I sat down as a clip of Jess making hamburgers was playing. I wasn't understanding why Michael would want me to see this but it wasn't just Jess. Anger started running through me and I wanted to scream.

She kissed the boy who destroyed her. And it wasn't like he kissed her, she kissed him back!

I didn't know what to do or what to say to anyone. I woke up Nash and asked him if he and I could go for a walk on the beach. I needed to tell someone.

---

Jess's POV

I was in my room on my phone when Matt walked In.

"Hey baby, where'd you go this morning?"

"Out" he snapped back "or am I not aloud to keep secrets?"

"Matt what's wrong?" Tears started welling up in his eyes.

"Nothing, why don't you go see Michael"

Fuck.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't fucking play stupid with me! I know you kissed him and I know it wasn't and accident!"

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't find the words.

"Matt-"

"Save it. This conversation is over." and just like that he walked out of the room. I was left speechless and I didn't know how to move. I got of the bed and curled up in a ball in the corner of the room and just cried.

----

Taty's POV

I was walking to my room to talk to Nash when I heard crying. I knew who's it was because I've heard it so many times back in elementary.

"Jess? where are you?"

I opened the door all the way and she was just sitting there still and almost ghost like.

I sat down next to her and I just held her. That's all she ever needs is someone to hold her.

After she calmed down a little I tried asking again.

"Jess, what happened?"

She explained everything and by the end she was gasping for air in between sobs. I held her close and kept trying to reassure her that it's going to be ok.

-----

Jess's POV

I felt a somewhat familiar emptiness inside. The same feeling when Matt left me in 5th grade.

The weeks of July went on and the only time Matt and I have spoke was when we needed the ketchup or something like that from the other end of the table.

He's been sleeping in the basement and I sleep on the couch in our- my room because I can't sleep with his scent of my pillow.

Matt started isolating himself from everyone even Nash and Cam. He wouldn't speak to Michael.

It had been two weeks since our fight and I don't know where we stand. It was 11:00 an I was sitting by the pool with my legs in the water.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you were here, ill come back later"

I looked behind me and Matt had one foot out side.

"It's fine, I don't really care."

He debated coming out for a few seconds but eventually did.

To my surprise he came a d sat down next to me.

I looked to my side and we started into each others eyes for what felt like an eternity.

And just like that, our lips connected.

------------------

🍑 Elloo soo another update because I wanna finish this one, I have two chapters left!

I know these past few chapters haven't been very good but I'm just trying to get the pint across because I'm not really feeling this story anymore.

The next chapter is basically gonna tie everything together and the last chapter is gonna be kind of like an epilogue.

Anyway keep voting and reading and get this book to 1k

Love y'all 😘

-Amy 💃

Twitter: _Espinossa_