Chapter 3

(Will’s Point of view)

“Favorite movie?”  I asked, looking down at her hand.  She moved a little closer to me, giving me permission.  I interlaced our fingers and felt that same weird electric shock thing as I did when I shook her hand earlier.  She bit her lip sexily, thinking about her answer to my question.

“It’d have to be Blades of Glory.”  She said, looking torn but smiling as she thought of the movie.  (A/N - If you haven’t seen this movie, you definitely should.  Absolutely hilarious.)  

“That just might be the funniest movie I’ve ever seen.”  I said, laughing, thinking back to when my brother and I first saw it.  

“Fairchild’s legs, and Stranzes ass.”  She said, quoting Chaz Michael Michaels.  

“You’re my pretty lady, Macelroy.”  I said, also quoting Will Ferrell’s character.  We both just laughed for a few minutes as we continued walking.  God, her laugh was one of the most beautiful things I’d ever heard.  We kept talking like this, easily making each other laugh at the simplest things.  I learned that she’s 18 but is going into her senior year in high school, she’s an only child, she hates Valentine’s day, and a bunch of other stuff.  Right over our heads we heard a big crack, followed by a pop.  We sat down in the sand together to watch the firework display.

(Shay’s Point of View)

Will and I sat to watch the fireworks, his arm around me, my head resting on his shoulder.  When the fireworks ended I lifted my head to find that he was looking at me.  He leaned in to kiss me and I just waited for him to come to me.  

His lips touched mine, then he started sucking on my bottom lip, wanting to deepen the kiss.  I opened my mouth in response.  His tongue slipped into my mouth, feeling his way around, poking my tongue with his.  It was a really great kiss.  Something about the warm glow the feel of his body on mine gave me just drove me crazy.  We both pulled away and looked at each other.  

“Hi.”  He whispered, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke.  

“Hi.”  I whispered back.  We stood up and started to walk back in the direction we came, his arm looped around my waist, my head resting on his chest.  I don’t know why I’m so comfortable with this guy.  I met him less than two hours ago and I already trust him enough to spill my guts to him.  We stopped just before the noise of the party reached us.  

“So...can I get your number?”  He asked shyly.

“Yeah, sure.”  I responded, handing him my iPhone with the sky blue case with white stripes on it.  He typed in his number, only giving me his first name.  He handed back the phone and told me he’d call me.  We were about to walk the rest of the way back when I grabbed him by the neck and brought his mouth to mine.  He reacted by pulling me closer and sucking on my lower lip.  I let out a low moan in response, opening my mouth as he slid his tongue into my mouth, massaging it.  I pulled away and without another word we walked back to the party.  I collected Dani and drove us back to my house.  

(Hey, I'm not going to be one of those annoying people that asks for votes and shit, but if anyone feels inspired to give me feedback of any kind, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!  The song is Firework by Katy Perry in honor of the firework display in the story, and come on, it's an essential on Fourth of July)