Chapter 45

(Will's Point of View)

I woke up thinking of the tour the guy from the hotel gave us when we arrived yesterday.  There was a jacuzzi on the terrace, the bedroom was upstairs too, with a big master bathroom complete with Jack and Jill sinks and a gigantic shower.  The bedroom itself was amazing too, the comforter on the bed a crisp white with a deep blue swirl at the center of it.  There was no tv, meaning exactly that - no tv, there were a few comfortable chairs in the corner of the room, but nothing compared to the ones in the living room.

Downstairs in the living room there were a few leather recliners, a couch lining the back wall, a loveseat, and a wood coffee table at the center.  There was another bathroom downstairs too, not quite as grand as the one upstairs, but still nice, and there was a pingpong table randomly in a small room just bigger than Shay’s walk-in closet.  Weird.

The first thing I noticed when I actually opened my eyes was that Shay wasn't there.  After a few seconds of panicking, she strolled into the room sipping some exotic juice.

She was wearing a long orange skirt that was loose around her legs all the way to the floor, a white tank top, and her hair was braided loosely.  She smiled at me warmly as she sat down on the bed.

"Morning." She said sweetly.  I smiled.

“Morning.  How long have you been up?”  I asked.  What time was it?

“A while.  It’s about eleven now.  You just looked so tired I thought I’d let you sleep.  There’s juice in the living room, but I saw this little place that did breakfast on the other side of the resort, so that’s what I was thinking.  We can do room service instead, or skip breakfast.  Whatever you feel like.”  She said, smiling and taking another sip.  I sat up and rubbed my eyes, almost not believing this.  Something about her is just too good to be true.  Or maybe it’s everything.

“Let’s go out.”  I said.  She nodded and stood up so I could get out of bed.  I pecked her cheek and got dressed quickly in a pair of boardshorts, a t-shirt, and some flip flops.  I brushed my teeth, then grabbed Shay’s hand and followed her out the door.

We walked a little ways, our feet shifting and sinking in the sand as we walked until we got to the little place Shay mentioned.  It had a circular bar at the cente and was hallow with bartenders bustling around, then, scattered around it was tables set up to eat at as well, those covered by what looked to be a red clay with strips missing, letting natural light in and surrounded by poles and beams made of the same substance.  

There was a ‘seat yourself’ sign at the entrance, so Shay and I took the liberty of doing so and chose a small table set for two outside under the striped roof.  We looked over the menus and were brought waters and the juice of the day (guava).  After we ordered, we started talking about what we wanted to do today.

“Maybe we could find some gear and go snorkeling.”  Shay suggested, taking a sip from her juice.  I nodded; I’ve heard the sea life here is beautiful.  

“I’m game.”  I responded, biting into my toast.  

“Cool.  How about after breakfast we walk over to that little beach shop and rent some stuff and then go for a walk and stop a ways out and hit the water?”  She asked as she took a bite of her smoked salmon bagel.  I nodded again, swallowing.  

“That sounds awesome.  Maybe we could go back to the room and take a nap, then go out to dinner somewhere.”  

“I love you, always up for a nap.”  She smirked and I winked.  

(Shay’s Point of View)