Chapter 6

(Will’s Point of View)

“So... maybe we could... catch a movie?”  I asked her, not having figured out what we should do before I’d called.  

“Yeah, sure.  Who’s getting tickets?”  She asked, sounding cute as ever.

“I will.  Any idea what’s in theaters?”  I asked.  I never knew what movies were out, a shining example of how much attention I paid to detail: Almost none.  

“Uhh... I really don’t know.  I’m bad with those kind of things.”  She admitted sheepishly.  So damn cute.  I laughed.

“Me either.  We can figure it out when we get there.  I only asked in case we’d need to pre-order them.”  I don’t know why I always wind up going out to movies with girls.  I’ve seen way too many chick flicks than any guy should ever have to.  

“Great.  So, should we just walk to the theater downtown?”  She asked.  One of the many thing I love about this town, everything is within walking distance.  

“That sounds great.  Meet you at your house in twenty?”  I asked her, already excited.

“Sure.  See you then.”  She hung up.  

(Shay’s Point of View)

“Sure.  See you then.”  I hung up the phone and jumped in the shower.  I took what may have been the quickest shower of my life, and got out, already plugging in the blow drier before even turning the water off.  I put on some mascara and concealer before dashing out of the bathroom and into my bedroom.  I scrambled to put on my red sundress with little white triangles on it with my black peeptoe flats.  I grabbed a white sweater and my big black leather purse and ran down stairs as the doorbell rang.  

I opened the door to see Will standing there, holding a small bouquet of lilies with other small white flowers filling in the blanks.  He was wearing a pair of worn jeans, a grey t-shirt with the playboy bunny wearing an astronaut suit on it, and a grey pair of Vans.

    (Will’s Point of View)

    “Hey.”  She said smoothly.  
    “Hi, these are for you.”  I said, holding the flowers out to her.
    “Thank you!  They’re beautiful.”  She said smiling at me.  ‘Not as beautiful as you’ I thought, not saying it for fear of sounding cheesy.  She took them, our hands brushing setting my entire arm on fire.  “Let me put these in water.  Do you want to come in for coffee or something before we leave?”  She asked then blushing madly.  

    (Shay’s Point of View)

    “...Do you want to come in for coffee or something before we leave?”  I asked then realized how the ‘or something’ could be interpreted.  I am not the type to put out on a second date, before no less!  
    “Coffee sounds great.”  He said, picking up on what I was afraid he’d think and laughing.  I took his hand with my free hand and pulled him inside, hearing the door close behind us.  My entire left arm, the one of the hand he was holding, was tingling...in a good way.  

I took Will and the flowers into the kitchen.  I set the flowers on the kitchen counter and opened a cabinet to get a vase.  The cabinet was up really high and I was having a tough time reaching the vase I wanted, a tall glass one with a round bottom, a thin middle, and a wide top.  Just...Out...Of...Reach.  All of a sudden, I felt Will’s hard body pressing against me and his arm reaching up around me.  He pointed at the vase I wanted and I nodded.  He pulled it down gently as to avoid breaking anything or hitting me over the head.  I took the vase from him and filled it with water and emptied the boquete into it.  I quickly made coffee, leaving his black like I remembered he liked and adding cream and sugar to mine.  I handed him the coffee and we went to sit in the living room for a while.  

“So, when do you go back to work again?”  I asked him taking a sip of my coffee.

“Huh, of, August 31... Why the look?”  He asked me confused.

“That’s the same day I go back to school.”  I grumbled.  For someone popular, one would wonder why I hate school so much.  I mean, people think I’m living the high life, I’m a cheerleader, and not just a cheerleader, odds are now that last year's’ captain graduated, I’ll probably be captain of the cheer squad.  The thing is, I just don’t like the place.  It’s too... I can’t quite put my finger on it but there’s something about school that I just don’t like.  

(Will’s Point of View)  

“Huh, oh, August 31... Why the look?”  I was hardly paying attention, I was too busy re-playing the kitchen scene in my head and admiring her just sitting on the couch.  

“That’s the same day I go back to school.”     She grumbled.  No... It couldn’t be... Not possible...Is it?  No, plenty of other schools go back on August 31, I’m psyching myself out.  

“Hm... Should we get going?  It’ll take us probably ten, fifteen minutes to walk down there.”  I said, forcing the horrifying thought away.  

“Sure, let’s get out of here!”  She said, hopping up from the couch and then grabbing both of my hands and pulling me up with surprising strength.  I’m pretty tall and I must weigh around 175, with me putting no effort into standing up and her pulling me to my feet, that’s impressive.  

“How’d you do that?”  I asked, still in shock at the amount of strength she had.

“Pull you up?”  I nodded.  “I’m a cheerleader at school and the coach kind of kicks our asses about strength and bodybuilding.”  She said, shrugging.  I laughed a little but took her hand and kissed her cheek gently before walking out her front door.  

We walked downtown to the movie theater and decided on an action movie.  We sat there watching the movie, my arm around her shoulders, her hand holding the hand of the arm I had around her, and her head resting on her shoulder.  I must confess that I really didn’t pay all that much attention to the movie because I was way too caught up in Shay, but really, I watched something interesting and enjoyable, so I did what most normal people do at the movies, with my own spin on it.  We walked home in the same embrace as we had in the movie theater until we got to her house.  We opened the door to her house to notice that her parents still weren’t there.  

As soon as she shut the door I acted on impulse and crashed my lips down on hers.  She was a little shocked at first but started kissing be back almost befor I had time to think I’d made a mistake.  

(Shay’s Point of View)

I closed the door to my house behind us and as soon as I turned around I felt Will wrap his arms around my waist and pull me close to him, crashing his lips down onto mine.  I was shocked for a second before I started kissing him back.  He bit my lower lip gently and I opened my mouth for him, granting him access.  He moaned into my mouth and I just smiled against his lips.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him even closer, knotting my fingers in his hair.  We stayed like this and made out for probably twenty minutes when my phone chirpped and scared the shit out of both of us.  

‘Hi, honey, I’m about five minutes away from the house.  See you soon!’ - Mom

Shit

“Will, baby, how fast can you run?”  I asked looking up at him, pouting a little for effect.  

“Why?”  He asked confused.  

“Because my mom’s about five minutes away from being home and you probably don’t want to be here when she arrives.”  I said honestly.  I really liked Will, like, a lot, but if my mom finds out I’m going out with someone, my dad finds out that I’m going out with someone, and dad never meets the guys I’m dating until I’m sure it’s serious.  I really like Will and I hope it gets serious so that I can introduce him to my parents but that is one thing I don’t plan on doing today.  

“Alright, I’ll call you later.”  He said, kissing me on the lips before running out the door.  

“Bye!”  I called after him.  Wow, he really did run fast. 

(She's Killing Me by A Rocket To The Moon is the song I picked djust because I imagined it playing in the background of this chapter)