Chapter 27

(Will’s Point of View) (Saturday, leaving for the spa trip)

“Alright, everyone, on the bus!”  I called to the seventeen girls in front of me, Shay standing next to me because we had a few things to sort out on the way.  More like we and an excuse to sit together and we were going to take advantage of it.  They all piled onto the bus, chattering excitedly.  Shay and I took the row with two seats at the front, on the left.

The bus driver gave a small speech about safety rules and shit, then, we were off.  They all cheered like a bunch of girls going to a summer camp, and we all know why most teenage girls would be excited about summer camp.  One night stand galore.  

“I can’t believe we’re actually going somewhere moderately desirable.”  Shay said as we pulled out of the school parking lot.

“So fixing cars isn’t ideal, it’s not the worst thing you could’ve done.”

“No, you’re right, the worst was when we had to skin fish on one of those fish-catching boats.  That sucked.”  

“Why on earth would you have had to do that?”

“I don’t know, but I smelled like fish for a week.”  She said, wrinkling her nose.  I just chuckled then looked around.  There was nobody for three rows behind us or on the right side for another three rows.  

“You’re funny.”  I said as I took her hand in mine.

“Yeah, sure.  Anyways, do we have a game plan for today?”  She asked me while she played with my fingers.

“Well, you’re getting a massage at some point, but other than that, you’re just making sure things go smoothly.  As for me, I’m just here to make sure this whole thing doesn’t crash and burn.”  I told her, wanting so badly to lean over and kiss her neck.  I’m not that brave.

“That sounds good to me.”  She said as she rubbed the top of my hand with her thumb.

(Shay’s Point of View)  

“No, shit, Kelly, you can’t go get a manicure now, you have to head to the facial stations.”  I said to the whiney sophomore in front of me.

    “But I want to get my nails done!”  She whined.  See, what did I tell you?

“Sucks for you.”  I retorted, turning my back so I could deal with the next person.  

“Uh, where do you want me to go?”  Megan, a pretty, brunette freshman.  She seems to be one of my favorites this year.

“Um... Megan, you are heading off to the massage stations.”  I told her as I looked at the clipboard in my hand, noting that she was headed there.

“Great, thanks.  You know, if you need any help, just let me know.”  She said, smiling kindly at me.

“Thanks, Megan, I really appreciate it.  I think Mr. Coleman and I have it handled for now, but if I need help, you’ll be the first one I call.”  I said to her.  This is why I like her, I’ve never heard her whine or complain about a single thing.  Not even on conditioning days.