Chapter 20

(Shay’s Point of View)

I woke up and went into my bathroom to take a shower then get ready for lunch with Will’s parents.  I also still had to pack an overnight bag because Will and I were spending a night in the city.  I do love those pointless holidays we have school off for.

I washed my hair with my Kai shampoo and conditioner then put Kai body butter all over my body (Author’s Note: Kai is one of the best brands ever, seriously try it).  I put on a little bit of bronzer, some mascara, eyeliner, a bit of mostly neutral colored eyeshadow, and some chapstick to add a little bit of a shine to my lips.  I french braid my hair back into a ponytail.  

I walked back into my bedroom and went to decide on what to wear.  It came down to a green dress with tank top straps and small white squares all over it and a knot at the center of the chest that was form fitting all the way down to the knees and stopped there, and a  black, white, and grey plaid dress that also had tank top straps, had ruffles down the front at the top, was form fitting through the torso and got a bit wider at the waist (though not much) that ended at the same spot the other one did.  

I decided on the green one and put on a pair of plain, tan, peep-toe heels.  I grabbed a black blazer and then threw some things in a bag for the night.  I told my parents I was going to lunch with a friend and their parents in the city and was staying the night there with them.  When they asked who it was, I told them it was one of the girls on the cheerleading team and they were happy.  I really wonder if they even think I’m lying to them.  I don’t know how they never notice where I am half of the time.  Yes I used to have to sneak out to go to parties but any smart parent would realize that I was sneaking out, especially when I brought drunk guys in through the front door.  They probably would’ve but that only happened two or three times (that I can remember...).  

But nevertheless, it worked and here I am, driving over to Will’s house.  We decided that for it to be believable my car couldn’t stay at my house so we were taking it into the city.  And it was smaller than his so parking would be easier.  

I pulled into his driveway and started towards the steps up the porch and up to his door.  I was about to knock when Will yanked open the door.  To say the look on his face conveyed surprise would be an understatement.  

(Will’s Point of View)

Wow.  I’m amazed.  I didn’t think she could look any better than she already did.  Shay really is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.  I must say though, I think she looks beautiful everyday but today she just has a bit of a glow to her.  Then when she saw me she smiled and my stomach started doing back flips.  God, I sound like a lovesick puppy.

“You look incredible.”  I said, still taking her in.  Plunging necklines should be banned.  

“Thanks, you look pretty good yourself.”  She said, a smile tugging at her lips as she tried to keep a straight face.  

“Alright, you ready to go?”  I asked her.

“Yeah, I’m good.  Let’s go.”  She said, smiling as she grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.  I locked it quickly as she lead me down to her car, which was parked in my driveway.  Shay being Shay insisted on driving so instead of fighting with her about it, I just let her.  I had to laugh a little when she took off her shoes to drive though.  

(Shay’s Point of View)  (About 12:30)

“Okay, so your mom’s name is Kathryn, your dad’s name is Paul, and if it comes up, your younger sister’s name is Paulina, and your older brother’s name is Max.  Sound right?”  I asked.  Will has been telling me little things about his family so I would be able to talk about that kind of thing if it came up at lunch.