Chapter 43

(Will’s Point of View)

I woke up with Shay curled up into my side, one leg hitched up over mine and her head on my chest.  Her breath was light and warm against my bare skin.  I started thinking about the trip I’d planned for ski week.  And the fact that we left on Sunday.  

Shay groaned lightly and nuzzled her head against me, starting to wake up.  I kept my arms around her, excited just thinking about the trip.  I’d already asked Dani if she would go over to Shay’s and pack for her so that it could be a total surprise.  

Shay mumbled something incoherent and started to stretch, her muscles all tightening as her body lengthened.  She opened her eyes and smiled at me.  She leaned up and kissed my cheek.

“Happy hearts day.”  She said, her words still think and husky with sleep.  I smiled back at her.  

“You too.”  I told her, lightly pecking her lips.  “You’re cute when you sleep.”  I murmured, running my fingers through the ends of her hair.

“What, am I not cute all the time?”  She asked, pretending to be offended.  I kissed her forehead, still smiling.

“Of course you’re cute all the time, you’re just really cute when you’re sleeping.  You look so innocent.”

“That’s better.”  She determined, pulling herself closer to me, her face becoming almost level with mine.  I leaned in and kissed her again, my hand caressing her cheek before pulling away.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.”  I mumbled against her lips.  She smiled then kissed me again.

(Shay’s Point of View)

About half an hour after Will was dressed and downstairs, I walked into the kitchen, dressed in red jeans, a white tank top, a red scarf, and a washed out bubblegum pink cardigan sweater.  I had on a cute, rustic kind of belt with a medium sized, oval shaped buckle on it, a cool circular pattern on it with little stones imbedded in it.  All in all, I loved the outfit.

Will, who was sitting drinking coffee at the kitchen counter looked up when he saw me and wolf whistled jokingly.  I smirked at him as I sat down next to him but turned my stool so I was facing him.  

He set his coffee down and grinned at me, taking my left hand in his and running his thumb over the top of it.  He sighed, a soft grin on his face.

“Mm, I had been meaning to ask you, are you sleeping better?”  I asked him, curiously.  I remembered how tired he was the other day and hadn’t remembered to ask.  

“Better.  I don’t know what it was that night, but I just couldn’t sleep.”  He mumbled, a far off look in his eye, like he was deep in thought.  I slid closer to him so our knees were touching and rested my forehead against his, seeing as he was already leaning towards me.

“Well, whatever it was, I’m glad it’s better now.”  I said, kissing the tip of his nose.  He nodded then pecked my lips.

“Me too.  Let’s go.  Don’t want to be late!”

(Will’s Point of View)

 It was her.  That’s why I couldn’t sleep.  If you think about it, it makes sense.  It’s been around seven months we’ve been together, probably four or five we’ve pretty much been living together, (cut us some slack, it’s only fair we get to sleep together if we can’t ‘sleep together') so no wonder it’s hard for me to sleep without her.