Chapter 17

(Shay’s Point of View) (Thursday Morning)

I woke up and stretched, hearing my back crack.  I walked over to my dresser and got out my light pink short shorts, my loose black tank top with the white stripe up the side, and my white Toms.  I went down stairs and had my usual morning concoction and then left.  

(Will’s Point of View)

I made it through the first half of the day without any trouble, no spilled coffee, no problems in class, no creepy math teacher.  This day may just be okay.  Hey, that rhymes.  That’s really sad that my mind thinks of that stuff now.  Look what’s become of me, yet Shay seems to be able to overlook it...

Shay’s class walked through the door of my classroom and sat down.  I pulled out my phone and texted Shay while I waited for the stragglers.

‘You look cute today.’ - Me  
    It was true, something today gave her a bounce to her step and made her smile look a little brighter.

‘Thanks, you look pretty good yourself.’ - Shay

‘You and Dani free at lunch today?’ - Me

‘Yeah, I don’t know what you’re planning but a threesome is not in your future.’ - Shay

‘Very funny.  Bryan’s stopping by for lunch today and I wanted to know if you and Dani wanted to come.’ - Me

Threesome, yeah right.

‘Oh, yeah, that’d be fun.’ - Shay

‘Cool, I’m ordering from that cafe just down the street, what do you and Dani want?’ - Me

‘Let me check...’ - Shay

‘I guess because it’s you I’ll allow it.’ - Me

She smirked at me and then asked Dani.

‘I’ll do the Chinese chicken salad and Dani wants a Chicken caesar.’ - Shay

‘Alright, I’ll call that in.’ - Me

I called in the orders, knowing what Bryan would want and then started the class.  

“Alright, so today we’ll read a little of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and then talk about it a little.  I would highly recommend annotating or taking notes.  Sound good?”  Everyone nodded.  “Great, since it’s written in the form of letters, I’ll read the first one then we I’ll ask if anyone wants to read.  August 25, 1991, Dear friend, I am writing to you because...”  I read the first letter, watching as everyone made little notes in their books and writing things down in notebooks.  

After reading up until page eight, which is where the first letter ended, I stopped for a minute to ask a few questions before we continued.  

(Shay’s Point of View)

Will’s smooth voice glided over the words of the first letter in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, making it even easier to pay attention to the book because he almost made it sound pleasurable.  He stopped once it ended and we all looked up from our books, waiting for him to tell us what to do next.  

“After hearing just that little bit, what do we think about Charlie?  What do we know?”  He asked, looking excited yet focused.  In other words, completely adorable.  A few people raised their hands.  He pointed to a girl towards the front.  “Ms. Walters, please, share your thoughts.”  She stood up and got ready to give her answer.  We have a thing in here where to answer a question, we have to stand up and answer in complete sentences whenever possible.  It’s kind of a pain in my ass.