Daniil Kvyat {#11}

{"We could get arrested for this."}

Groaning, Daniil reached out for his phone that was laying on the bedside table beside him.

"Who could possibly call me at this time?" He quietly mumbled to himself, not even looking at the caller ID before accenting the call.

"What do you want?" He hissed, running a hand through his hair, his eyes starring into nothing but darkness.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," The caller replied, making the Formula 1 driver roll his eyes as he noticed who had pulled him out of his beloved sleep.

"It's more about the time than the side, actually," He stated, sighing as his so called best friend couldn't hold in her laughter.

"Why did you call me now?" Daniil asked, sinking back into his pillows, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep again, "I kinda have an important race coming up tomorrow."

"Don't be so boring," Y/N replied, rolling her eyes, although she knew that he couldn't see her, "I thought that you would be up for some fun tonight."

"First of all it's three in the night," The Russian started, becoming more and more frustrated with each second he couldn't spend sleeping, "and second, you're hundreds of kilometers away."

"I wouldn't be so sure of it." Daniil raised his eyebrows at this statement, but was soon realizing what she meant as he heard a knock on the door of his hotel room.

"Wait," He said, glancing at the door after basically jumping of off his bed, "you aren't here right now, are you? I mean you..."

"Don't you want to let me in?" His rambling was cut by his best friend.

Not waiting for another second, he threw his phone onto the bed, immediately running towards the door and swinging it open to see her standing right in front of him.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed, his eyes widening as he wrapped both of his arms around her in a long hug, "What are you doing here?"

"Visiting my best friend," She answered, shrugging her shoulders as if it was the most normal thing in the world that she was in Belgium instead of at home.

Daniil just starred at her in disbelief for a moment, a huge smile visible on his face, before he let her out of his embrace.

"You're unbelievable," He stated, slightly shaking his hand, while gesturing for her to come into the hotel room.

But Y/N definitely had other plans; grabbing his arm, she stopped him from walking back inside and pulled him towards her.

"We should do something fun," She stated, taking his hand to pull him into the hallway.

"Stop, stop, stop," Daniil said just as she was about to pull him away from his room (and his bed) further, "You should at least let me put on a shirt first."

Giggling, his best friend shook her hand and continued her way with him following for a few more meters before he softly grabbed her wrist.

"Why don't we do something tomorrow after the race?" He asked, running a hand through his blondish hair, but Y/N just kept on smirking at him.

"You can't go back now anyway," She stated, pointing at the door of his hotel room that was closed and therefore also locked, "unless you have the key in your boxers."

The Russian rolled his eyes as she just continued laughing, her y/e/c eyes lightening up even more with each second.

'She looks so cute,' He had to admit to himself, but immediately shook the thought out of his head.

"That's not funny, Y/N," He mumbled, leaning against the wall with his hands crossed in front of his chest, "tomorrow is an important day."

"And that's why we should do something cool now." Without waiting for another reply, she continued her way down the hallway, her smile widening as she noticed that he was actually following her.

"I'm sure this hotel does have a pool, doesn't it?" She mumbled more to herself than to Daniil, but he replied anyway.

"There just is a private pool for the suite," He explained, trying to keep up with her pace, "and I think it's not really good to be this loud at this time in the night."

"Oh," Y/N answered, frowning for a second before the smirk retuned to her lips, "I don't really care."

Although he thought it was like the worst idea ever, the Formula 1 driver continued following her and -much to his dismay- she found the room with the pool almost immediately and walked inside without hesitating.

"We really shouldn't do this," Daniil mumbled, trying to be as quiet as possible, while she carelessly switched on the lights, giggling as she saw the look on his face.

"Don't be so boring," She said and before he could even reply, she pushed him backwards into the pool.

Laughing, she jumped into the cold water as well and splashed more water at her friend, who was glaring down at her.

"I literally hate you right now," He stated and was about to get out of the pool, but Y/N immediately pulled him back inside.

"Please let us go now, Y/N," He stated, sighing quietly, "We could get arrested for this."

"Alright," She replied, her expression turning sad as she brushed a hand through his hair, "if you want to disappoint your best friend, who came all the way here for you, let's go."

Frowning, Daniil turned around to look at her, who was glancing down at the ground. He immediately started to feel bad, even though he knew that it was her exact  intention to make him feel that way.

"Okay," He finally gave in, making her look up at him again, "I guess we can stay for a little longer."

"Yes!" Y/N exclaimed, basically jumping into his arms with a huge smile on her lips, "I love you!"

After realizing what she just said, she immediately clasped a hand over her mouth, her eyes widening in shock.

"I mean...," She started, but was cut off as a soft pair of lips met her own.

"I love you, too, Y/N."

This one shot is for -chilwells 💙
I really hope y'all liked reading it🙈