Stoffel Vandoorne {#64}

{"I've got you. Breath, okay? I've got you."}

"Stoffel, it's nearly time," One of McLaren's engineers called out to the Belgian formula one drive, immediately making him nod.

With a small smile creeping onto his lips, he turned around to face his girlfriend, Y/N, who was standing next to him, and wrapped both of his arms around her waist.

"Are you ready to let me go?" He asked, causing her to roll his eyes and playfully punch his arm before her expression turned serious again.

Slowly leaning forward, she placed her lips on top of his for the last time and ran her hands through his hair.

"Go out there and score some points for me," She said, winking at him as he started getting ready, the first race of the season awaiting him.

Y/N was nervous every time her boyfriend got into his car, but she knew how much he loved racing and she wanted to support him wherever he went.

Taking a deep breath, she focused on the TV hanging in front of her just in time to see the start of the race; Stoffel had already managed to overtake two other drivers, making his team in the garage let out a few cheers.

Smiling, Y/N watched how the race proceeded with Stoffel fighting for the 9th place against Nico Hülkenberg, who was in front of him at the moment.

Taking a short look at her phone, the young woman was pulled out of her thoughts because she heard gasps all around her.

Her eyes went wide as they landed on the screen again and she saw that Stoffel's car had crashed into a wall.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice breaking at the end, while her heart started beating faster by the second.

Before anybody could answer, she heard Stoffel's head-engineer asking if he was alright over the board radio, causing her breath to hitch in her throat as she was waiting for an answer.

It felt like hours had passed until she finally heard his familiar voice on the other side. "I'll be fine, just a few scratches."

A massive weight was lifted off of Y/N's shoulder as she realized what he had said and she quickly let out the breath she had been holding.

"Everything's gonna be alright," An engineer told her and softly padded her back, but her eyes were focused on the screen, where Stoffel was just getting out of his car.

Her hands shaking, Y/N waited for him to get back to the garage, immediately running towards him as he appeared in her sight.

Without saying anything, she tightly wrapped her arms around him, burying his head in her chest, causing him to place his arms around her as well and pulling her even closer.

"I was so worried," She breathed out, tears starting to roll down her cheeks accompanied by quite sobs leaving her mouth.

Sighing, Stoffel pressed a kiss to her head before slightly backing away to be able to look into her y/e/c eyes.

"Don't cry, love," He mumbled, his hand resting on her cheek as he slightly leaned forward to kiss her, "I've got you. Breath, okay? I've got you."

A small smile found its way onto his girlfriend's lips as she heard his words and he pulled her closer once again.

"You won't get rid of me that easily," He joked, while taking her hand in his, bringing it up to his lips to place a soft kiss on top of it.

Shaking her head, Y/N quickly wiped the tears away from her cheek with one hand before running a hand through her y/h/c hair.

"You're an idiot, Stoffel."

"But you love me, don't you?"

"Very much," She stated, causing the smile on his lips to widen slightly as he leaned towards her again.

"I love you, too, Y/N and I'm never going to leave you."

Without waiting for a reply, his arms wandered around her waist, her worry and fear being replaced by a feeling of safety and love as his lips met hers again.

This one shot is for @FocusOnMeMendes
I really hope you like it and that y'all are doing okay😇