Pierre Gasly {#35}

{"Tell me I'm wrong."}

The tears were slowly rolling down Y/N's cheek as her phone slit out of her hand and fell onto the ground.

The excitement, the happiness and the endless pride; all of them had vanished as soon as soon as she had clicked onto the link her friend had sent her.

She couldn't believe that this really was the truth, that he would actually do that to her, but the picture was more than enough evidence.

It showed her originally so loving and caring boyfriend, Pierre, kissing another girl right after his first ever Formula 1 race.

Shaking her head, Y/N backed away slightly, until her back met the wall and she could slide down onto the ground with her head in her hands.

"Why?" She quietly asked herself, not being able to control the sobs that were coming out of her mouth anymore.

Her mind began to spin with thousands of thoughts, but above all she felt her heart breaking even more with each second.

Whenever she had pictured her future it was with him; she was so sure that the two of them would spend the rest of their lifes together and now that was all gone.

She still remembered how he had immediately called her after the end of the race, how he had said 'I love you' and how excited he was to come home to her again. How could all of that be fake?

It felt like she was sitting on the ground for ages, crying until there were no tears left anymore, but suddenly, she saw her phone lightening up, signalling a message from no one else, but Pierre;

Hey, love. Just wanted to tell you that I caught the first flight home after the race and will be there in about ten minutes. Can't wait to see you again. Je t'aime❤

Her heart was beating ten times faster than it normally did after she had read those words. She was more than afraid to face him, to look into his eyes because that would make everything real.

A part of her was still hoping that there was some kind of explanation for the picture, that it was all a misunderstanding and everything would go back to how it was before, but deep down she knew that this just happened in movies.

"Y/N, love, I'm home!" She suddenly heard someone exclaim, pulling her out of her thoughts and back into the painful reality.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath before slowly walking down the stairs where Pierre was waiting for her with a bright smile on his lips.

"Love, I've-," He started, but soon noticed the tears in his girlfriend's eyes, causing his expression to turn into a frown, the worry clearly visible in his eyes, "What's wrong, Y/N?"

The young woman scoffed quietly, backing away as he was taking a few steps towards her and pulling her hand away as he was about to grab it.

"Why don't you tell me what's wrong?" She asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest, trying to stay strong, but her voice was betraying her, breaking at the end.

The Frenchman sighed, lowering his head to look at the ground for a moment before turning towards her again.

"I hoped you wouldn't see it," He said, his voice barely above a whisper, while he ran a hand through his dark hair.

It remained silent for a while, both of them trying to sort out their own thoughts.

"Tell me I'm wrong," She mumbled, her eyes searching for his in the dark, "please."

Pierre felt like his heart was breaking into hundreds of pieces as he noticed the hurt in her eyes, knowing it was his fault she felt like this right now.

"I love you so much, Y/N," He replied, softly placing his hand on her cheek and his arms around her waist.

Her mind was screaming at her to get out of his grip and walk out of his life right after that, but she just couldn't bring herself to do that, so instead she stayed in his arms and stared deep into his eyes.

"I swear to you that it's not what it looks like, I could never cheat on you," He started, pulling her as close to him as it was possible, while keeping his eyes locked with hers, "There was this random girl coming up to me after the race and she...she just kissed me. I immediately pushed her away, but the photographer must have gotten the picture beforehand."

Y/N didn't know what to reply; she wanted to believe him more than anything, but she couldn't just do it that easily.

"It's true. You can ask anyone who was there with me, they'll all confirm that I'm telling you the truth."

"Then why didn't you talk to me about that on the phone?"

"I didn't want to worry you, love, and it just wasn't important to me because you are the only girl that'll ever matter to me. I love you more than anything else," He answered, a small smile returning to his lips as he leaned in to place his lips on top of hers.

Without thinking about it, Y/N wrapped her arms around his neck, slightly deepening the kiss.

"Does that mean you believe me?" He asked after they had broken apart because both of them were running out of air.

"I don't know," She replied, biting her lip and brushing her hand through his hair, "maybe you need to prove it once more."

"Gladly." Chuckling quietly, Pierre lovingly looked down at her for a moment, his smile mirroring hers before he leaned down again, letting all of his feelings fload into the kiss.

"We belong together, love."

"Forever?"

"Even longer."

This one's for @EmilyJanuzaj
I really hope you enjoyed reading it😺