Lewis Hamilton {#19 + #100}

{"I've missed this."}

{"I'm in love, okay? In l-o-v-e."}

Y/N took a deep breath, smoothing out her dress once more before knocking on the door of her best friend's apartment.

Seconds later, Lewis stood right in front of her, smiling brightly and pulling her into a tight hug.

"It's so good to see you again," He stated, keeping his arms locked around her for a moment before slightly backing away.

"You, too." She smiled back up at him, nervously running a hand through her y/h/c hair as he gestured for her to come in.

The two if them walked into his living room and sat down next to each other, causing Y/N to blush as she noticed that he was staring at her.

"You look really beautiful," He softly said after a while of silence, "I don't think I've ever seen you wearing a dress before."

She had to chuckle slightly at his statement, while she also felt the nervousness creeping up to her again.

"I normally don't really like dressing up," She replied, glancing down at the ground as he continued looking at her from the side.

"Oh," He breathed out, trying to think of anything to stop the situation from becoming awkward, "What's the special occasion? Do you want to impress someone?"

Y/N's eyes went wide, but she quickly covered it up by playfully hitting his arm.

"You wish," She stated, grinning as he rolled his eyes at her, the smile never leaving his lips.

He quickly stood up from the couch and switched his PlayStation on before returning to his seat.

"You're ready to get beaten?" He cheekily asked, offering a controller to his best friend, who scoffed in return.

"As if you'd ever win against me."

After hours of battling each other in different games, the two of them settled down in the kitchen with the pizza they had ordered.

It was like time stood still for the both of them as they continued talking about almost anything in the world and laughing most of the time, just like they always used to.

"I've missed this," Lewis suddenly said, making his best friend raise her eyebrows, "Spending time with you."

Y/N's smile went even wider at his words and she immediately nodded. "Me, too."

It was silent between them for a while, while they both just enjoyed each others company.

"I'm sorry I didn't have that much time for you lately," The Formula 1 driver mumbled after some moments, lifting his gaze to look directly into her eyes.

Y/N felt her heart picking up it's speed as he reached out to take her hand, gently squeezing it.

"It's alright," She replied, but he shook his head, slightly leaning forward.

"It's not; you're my best friend, I should make more time for you." Y/N felt her heart ache at his words and she silently cursed herself for thinking that he would finally notice how she felt about him.

She quickly stood up from her chair, making the Brit raise his eyebrows.

"I think I should go now," She stated, already turning around to leave the apartment, but he quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, his eyes filled with concern and worry as they met her y/e/c ones.

Y/N shook her head, desperately trying to keep the tears from falling.

"Did I say anything wrong?" He asked as he noticed a single tear rolling down her cheek, while she tried to get out of his grip, but he didn't intend to let her go, "If you don't talk to me, I can't..."

He was soon cut of by his best friend, who quickly pulled her hand out of his and put if head in her hands.

"I'm in love, okay? In l-o-v-e," She stated, her voice slightly raising, causing his eyes to go wide, "with my best friend."

Although the last part of her statement was just a whisper, Lewis had clearly heard her.

Taking a deep breath, he stepped towards her and softly took her hand in his before leaning down and placing his lips on top of hers.

Y/N stared at him in confusion as he softly started stroking her cheek.

"I feel the same way."

This one shot was requested by michybatshuayi-
I really hope you liked reading it💙