Max Verstappen {#50}

{"You're trembling."}

"Y/N, I'm home," Max shouted, carelessly letting his bag fall to the ground with a small smile forming on his lips.

He had been away for a few days, therefore he was more than happy to finally be back in the familiar apartment, mainly because that meant he'd see Y/N again.

Max was away quite often and although his girlfriend tried her best, she couldn't come along every time. One would think that they'd get used to being apart, but the Dutchman still missed her like crazy.

Raising his eyebrows as he didn't hear a reply or see her running towards him like she normally would, he peeked into the living room because he knew that she sometimes was to caught up in one of her series to notice anything, but he couldn't spot her anywhere.

"She wouldn't go away without telling me, would she?" He quietly asked himself before taking his phone out of his pocket, but there only were messages from some friends, nothing from Y/N.

Sighing, he walked up the stars and finally heard some sounds coming from the bathroom.

"Love, are you there?" He asked, softly knocking and leaning his head against the door.

Meanwhile, Y/N jumped up from the ground in shock; she hadn't expected him to be home that early.

"I'll be out in a minute," She replied, trying to sound normal, but it was audible that she had been crying.

With wide eyes, she quickly wiped the tears away, although new ones were rolling down her cheeks by the second.

"Are you alright?" She heard her boyfriend ask, his voice filled with worry.

Shaking her head, she slit down the wall until she was sitting on the ground again, hiding her head in her shaking hands.

"I'm coming in, okay?" The Dutchman said and slowly opened the door, feeling like his heart was breaking at the sight in front of him.

He rushed to her side and sat down next to her, his arms immediately finding their way around her body.

"What's wrong, love?" He questioned, pulling her as close to him as possible, "You're trembling."

Y/N didn't even dare to look into his eyes because she was afraid it was the last time she'd get the chance to do that before telling him the truth.

It was silent for a few moments with Y/N trying to sort out her own thoughts and Max trying to figure out how to comfort her.

"Please tell me what's going on," He whispered after placing a quick kiss on her head, causing her to finally look up at him.

"I'm scared."

"You can tell me anything, Y/N. No matter what it is, I will always love you."

For a second, a small smile was visible on her lips, but it immediately vanished as she took a deep breath and reached for something behind her back.

Without saying anything else, she handed the item to Max, whose eyes went wide as he realized what it was.

"A pregnancy test?"

Nodding, Y/N gestured for him to take a look at the result.

"I am pregnant," She mumbled, turning around so she wouldn't have to see the expression on his face.

The young Formula 1 driver didn't know what to say; he was beyond speechless as thousands of thoughts were running through his mind at the same time.

"P-pregnant," He stammered, running a hand through his hair before turning around to face his girlfriend, who had tears running down her cheeks again.

"Love, don't cry."

Looking directly into her y/e/c eyes, he softly wiped the tears away, his hand resting on her cheek afterwards.

"I know that we're both still young, but we'll get through this, together," He started, a small smile visible on his lips, "I love you so much, Y/N."

Her arms wandered around his neck, while he leaned forward and kissed her without hesitation.

"I love you, too," She breathed out after they had broken apart, "Thank you for staying with me."

"I could never leave you...," Max looked down at their intertwined hands before placing them on her stomach, "...and the little one. You're my world, my life and my future."

This one was requested by AniekdeVries
I really hope you enjoyed it😺