Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Recap:

Well, hello Dear." My mother said as we walked into the kitchen. She turned to Angela, "And hello to you." she turned back to me, "Is she your new conquest?"

What have I gotten myself into?

***

Angela's POV

Landyn's eyes got as wide as saucers. He turned to face me. "No, Mom. She is working on a project with me. And I don't play girls anymore."

Yeah right. I thought.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Sweety. I just never know. I'm Natalie."

After an incredibly awkward and yet entertaining chat with Landyn's mom and sister Carrie, we finally were able to escape to the upstairs game room. The walls were painted a light blue with little Starwars characters carefully painted on the walls. It smelled of Axe and the curtains were drawn over the windows. (Hello people of Wattpad. This is Haley. I stole M's ipad ;)

(A/N, writing at lunch, too lazy to delete it ^ thanks, Haley)

A TV was set on a table with a stack of games and movies beside it. A Wii lay on the floor in front of the table and the controllers lay beside the console. Landyn plopped down in the blue beanbag and motionless me to sit in the pink one which I assumed was Carrie's.

We asked interviewed each other for the project before getting bored and giving up. Landyn seemed to have relaxed compared to the car ride or at school.

"Darris said you were acting weird after Mrs. Webber's class." I really need to think before I speak. I could feel my cheeks go pink as he tuned to face me.

"What are you talking about?" I could feel the butterflies in my stomach begin to fly around. Here comes the rambling.

"Well, Darris sits next to me in Mrs. Webber's class and we talked so I guess he is kind of my friend now he is the only jock who hasn't said something mean to me anyway during lunch after I ran into you he came and told me you were acting weird and now I can tell that you are being nice-"

"Whoa, slow down speedy. You know, breathing is important to survive?" He said sarcastically. "Even then, I wasn't acting weird, I was just tired, that's all." I swear I saw a blush make its way onto his cheeks.

I could just see his amusement levels rise. "Also, you're being civilized. You haven't said anything mean since we left the school."

The blush returned to his face.

A while later I was back to being extremely bored. Landyn had almost finished his paper and I had barely started. He glanced at his paper, "Wow, I'm ahead of the nerd!" He shouted. I jumped and he chuckled. Little did he know we had an entire PowerPoint to make. Haha, sucker!

I glanced back at my paper and began to pack up my belongings. "I had better get home." He smiled up at me. Ya, actually smiled.

"I'll drive you, go get in the car."

***

When I finally arrived home in one piece, I felt somewhat relaxed. My mom wouldn't be home for another hour, and my dad left us when I was really little. I went into the kitchen and began to cook the only thing I could without burning the house down, Top Ramen.

As I finished up my noodles I heard the garage door open. Mom was home. She walked through the door smiling as she always did. Her blond hair that was cut into a short bob bounced behind her.

"Mom." I walked up to her and gave her a hug, "you're home early."

"Yes, I took the rest of tonight off, they didn't need me."

My mother worked at the hospital from seven to seven every day except the weekends. She doesn't have to work because of the money Dad had to leave with us after the divorce, but she loved nursing and all the patients love her.

She buisied herself making herself something to eat as she sprung into the first day of school spiel. "How was the first day?" She asked.

"Just fine. I have to do a project with Landyn Glenn though."

"Oh honey, it can't be that bad."

"Mom, he's the one who has tormented me since freshman year. He has made my life awful. He has pushed me into lockers, embarrassed me, spilled my lunch everywhere and know I have to work with him?"

"Well just remember, I want to meet him before you start dating."

"Mom, I have never had a boyfriend and I'm not going to start now."

"Sure, Whatever you say. But moms can tell."

I washed out my bowl and placed it in the sink. I ran to my room and took a quick shower in the attached bathroom. When I went back to my room and laid on the bed.

My room, on two opposite walls had vertical black and white stripes. The other opposite walls were orange and had some of my various awards and certificates on them. My bed, twin sized and little, had a side board and a black and white floral pattern. I glanced at the clock, 9:15. Even though that is not late for most teenagers, I wasn't most, so I turned off my light and went to bed.

***

Hello lovely readers. I know, 'it's not five pages'. Well I'm sorry, I have a headache and I am disappointed. I NEED City of Glass or I will die! This series will be the death of me.

-M

By the way, just ignore my strange friend at the top, she stole my iPad. But I love her anyways. (Follow her. The link is on my profile.)