Chapter Eleven

They slowly wandered into the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked them.

"Pancakes!" Scott shouted.

"Waffles!" Shouted Evan.

'Ding! Dong!' Shouted the doorbell.

"Well you guys settle that while I get the door." They glared at me before going back to arguing over the breakfast of their choice.

Running down to the landing I opened the door. I was shocked at who was standing there.

"Dad?"

***

Angela's POV

Anger and rage began to bubble in my stomach. My dad had left when I was three years old. He never called or texted mom or I. After the divorce and the lawsuit we never heard from him again.

"Why are you here." I got directly to the point.

"I wanted to see my only daughter. Isn't that okay?"

"No, I don't want anything to do with you. Leave." I was terrified however my voice didn't shake. If I may say so myself, I sounded pretty authoritive. He winced.

"Please, just give me ten minutes. I want to-" Evan bounded down the stairs cutting him off.

"Is there a problem here?" Wow, this is so cliché.

"Oh, is this your boyfriend?" He asked, smiling. I was disgusted. Even if Evan was my boyfriend, he would try to get on his good side? Awful.

Evan started laughing. I soon followed suit. Dad just stood there gawking at us. I guess he didn't get the joke. I heard footsteps and Scott soon stood beside Evan wrapping his arm around him.

"Okay, I'm lost. Who are these boys. Are you dating one of them?" He glared at the boys.

I was about to explane but Scott planted a kiss on Evans cheek and Evan blushed.

"No, Dad. This is Scott, my best friend, and Evan, his boyfriend."

"Oh," he replayed. "That's awkward. Anyway, can I come in?"

"Fine, but you have ten minutes." I glared at him.

I turned and bounded up the stairs and into the kitchen. He may only have a few minutes but I was still hungry and I was going to eat.

"Have you two come to an agreement yet?" I directed my question at the lovebirds.

"Waffles." Evan said.

"Pancakes." Scott said.

"Seriously, this still isn't resolved?" They shrugged their shoulders and sat in front of the TV, ignoring me.

I buisied myself about the kitchen while my father stood watching me.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He sat at one of the bars stools and began to remove his coat.

"Well, I was hoping to make amends."

"Okay, we'll talk. Now go. Time's ticking."

"First, I'm sorry I left. Second, I want to come back into your life. I'm living in an apartment close to down town. I want you to visit occasionally." He scanned my face.

"Okay. Is that all?" I knew I was being rude but I didn't really want him back in my life. Mom had done an excellent job on her own and I didn't want anything to change.

Scott walked up beside me. "I think times up." He said. My dad got up and put his coat on. He let himself out saying a goodbye behind him. If he couldn't even try to see me when he left, he wasn't reliable now.

***

This chapter is really short and I realize that. Sorry.

Question of the update, favorite color?

Much love,

-M