Chapter Nineteen

She proped a pillow behind her back and began to eat. When she was done she handed to tray back to me and snugged back into her sheets, but not before sneezing.

I chuckled at her. She cocked her head at me. "What?" She said.

"It's nothing, you're just adorable." She scooched over  patting the empty spot.

"Come lay down with me." I stared at her.

"You must be delirious, the Angela I know wouldn't let me lay with her." I teased.

"This Angela needs the body heat, get over here." She prompted.

I gently layed next to her in her little bed, wrapping my arm around her. "You know, when you're feeling better, we should go on an official date." I told her.

"I'd like that." She muttered before falling back to sleep in my arms.

***

Angela's POV

When Landyn showed up with food I have to say I was surprised. I skipped school because the tiny chickens where invading. I called it Tiny Chicken Disease because of John Green. That man is a genius.

Anyway, I fell fast asleep after my alarm went off and I decided it would be best if I stayed home. I didn't want to infect anyone else or fall asleep in class.

I woke up after eating cuddled up in Landyn's arms. He was still asleep and little snores excaped his mouth. It wasn't the first time I had slept in the same bed with Landyn but the last time he was up before me.

Imattempted to wiggle out of his grasp but he had a firm hold around my waist. Slowly moving to remove the hand, I grasped his fingers pulling them off of me. He stirred, then yawned.

Busted!

"Hey, what are you doing?" He said, voice thick with sleep.

"Nothing." I played innocents. He possibly would believe me.

"No, you were trying to get out. Weren't you?" He smirked.

"No. Not at all."

He gave me a look. "Angela, you need to rest. No getting up."

I stuck out my bottom lip, giving him puppy eyes.

"Puppy eyes don't work on me." Drat, my plan is ruined.

"Pweeeze let me gooo!" I yelled.

"You're in a weird mood." He chuckled. "You need to sleep."

He got up, gathering the dishes, and left the room. "Stay!" He yelled as he walked through the door.

I sighed. What to do, what to do. Ooh, my phone.

I gathered my phone out of my backpack on the floor and checked it.

I had one message. It was from Scott.

To: Angela

From:Scott

Keep it PG, you two.

I just laughed. I put my phone on my nightstand. I rolled over and sleep claimed me once again.

***

Landyn's POV

After I evinces rhe dishes and put them in the dishwasher, I made my way back upstairs to check on Angela. I knew she was sick, however she was acting strange.

Sick Angela was a funny Angela.

Opening her door I was greeted by her soft, rhythmic breaths. She was out yet again. I looked at the time and noticed it was quarter after three. I needed to make my way to hockey practice soon.

I found a pen and a pad of paper in the night stand drawer and wrote her a note.

Left for practice. Love you.

      -L

My bag and my gear where in the car so I just went directly to the rink. My team mates were already warming up as I changed.

I skated onto the ice to join in when Drew came up beside me.

"Did you get your girl?" He asked.

I chuckled, "Yeah, I did. Thanks for your help."

I turned to him, stopping. "Do you think you could help me with one more thing?"

He looked confused. "Sure, what's that?"

"A date."

***

Hey, guys!

I'm back. Did you like it? Good!

I'm so proud. Seriously, 425 reads?

You are amazing.

Question: favorite type of dog?

Love you,

-M