Chapter Eighteen

"You really should wear your hair down more often." She giggled again. She looked stunning.

"Let's go back inside."

She lead me inside, but was met with a wall of girls handing her roses and cards, just as I had planned.

She looked confused. I stood beside her. She took a few, looking at me.

"They're for you." I said. "60 roses for the number of days we have known each other and 50 card with the lyrics of a song. You will have to figure that out on your own."

She smiled and hugged me again.

"I love you." She whispered in my ear.

"I love you too."

***

Landyn's POV

The rest of the day passed without a hitch. Having to go back to class was a real pain in the butt considering I just wanted to spend the day cuddled,up with Angela watching movies. I was super glad she forgave me because I don't know what I would have done if she wouldn't have.

I kept receiving ugly glares from some of the girls I had dated before but that was expected. They were just jelouse I loved Angela and I never loved them. Girls are frustrating.

After our classes I met up with Angela at her locker. She was smiling and chattingn with Scott. With the whole 'forgive me' thing, I believe even Scott is happier. I feel bad for him though. If I loved someone as much as I love Angela and the lived acrost the country I may just spontaneously combust.

I leaned up beside Angela's locker, "Want to go somewhere?" I asked, leaning so I was right next to her ear.

"Oh, gosh! You scared me!" She gave me a glare. "Landyn, what in the world am I supposed to do with 63 roses?"

I chuckled. "I don't know. How did you get 60 roses to fit in your locker?"

She turned and looked at me like I was an idiot. She was probably right.

"I put them in my car with the other three. What was up with the awful poetry and the magically appearing roses?"

"That is my secret. As for the poetry, you can scold Drew, I didn't write those."

She had an ah-ha moment as the pieces fit together.

"That still doesn't explane the dumbest scavenger hunt in the world." She had a point. Her cute littler button nose scrunched up, making her glasses rise in the bridge of her nose.

She slammed her locker door. Scott watched in amusement from afar. I began explaining, "I didn't want you to come to school until lunch and this was the only way we could think of to get you to stay away."

She rolled her eyes. "I want even going to come today." Her nose crinkled. She sneezed.

"The tiny chickens are invading my head and laying eggs in my brain." I looked at Scott, he shrugged.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, still completely lost.

"If you would read, maybe you're know." She flicked her hair over her shoulder, pecking me on the lips. "See you later." She called as she walked down the hallway.

***

I can say I honestly wasn't surprised when Angela didn't come to school on that Wednesday. Angela had sounded like she was getting really sick when I talked to her on the phone the night before.

"Have you seen Angela today?" Scott asked me.

"No, I believe little miss, I-Will-Just-Run-Away-In-The-Rain got sick." Scott shrugged.

"At lunch I will run over to her house to check on her."

"Okay, just leave me all alone." Scott said sarcastically.

"Oh, I will."

Scott turned at me and rolled his eyes. Scott and I joked around a lot, mostly about the three of us now being the loners of the school. I still talked with Darris but I didn't sit with the 'populars' at lunch anymore.

When lunch finally came around I said goodbye to Scott, even though he didn't want me to leave, and went to the grocery store. I wanted to make Angela some soup and I knew they mostly only had Top Ramen and the makings for spaghetti.

After getting a couple cans of chicken noodle soup I drove to Angela's house. The door was unlocked and I walked right in. I didn't want to ring the doorbell I case she was sleeping.

I went up the stairs and into her room, leaving the soup on the counter. Angela layed in her bed fast asleep. She had one arm tucked beneath her and the other under her head. She looked adorable.

I heated up the soup in the kitchen, trying not to make much noise, before heading up the stairs to wake her up. I gently shook her shoulder and she rolled over and stretched.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she noticed me standing there. "How did you get in here? Why are you here? You should be in school?" She said. Her voice audibly muffled by her stuffy nose and sleep.

"I came to make you lunch because I knew you wouldn't eat unless you were forced." She smiled at me. I took the tray of food I had make and place it on her lap.

She proped a pillow behind her back and began to eat. When she was done she handed to tray back to me and snugged back into her sheets but not before sneezing.

I chuckled at her. She cocked her head at me. "What?" She said.

"It's nothing, you're just adorable." She scooched over patting the empty spot.

"Come lay down with me." I stared at her.

"You must be delirious, the Angela I know wouldn't let me lay with her." I teased.

"This Angela needs the body heat, get over here." She prompted.

I gently layed next to her in her little bed, wrapping my arm around her. "You know, when you're feeling better, we should go on an official date." I told her.

"I'd like that." She muttered before falling back to sleep in my arms.

***

Here ya go. Chapter 18.

You are amazing.

Pic of Angela's house.

Question: Favorite Fruit?

Love you,

-M