Chapter Sixteen

I ignored the smirking Brandy and made my way to Angela. She darted for the door. I hung my head in shame. I had promised to stay true to her and I had failed.

I sulked back to the table. My jacket layed where Anglea had left it minutes before. Guilt settled deep in my gut. My head pounded. I layed my head down on the table.

"What's wrong, Captain?" Someone said.

I looked up to see Drew Wilcox.

"I've messed up bad." I mumbled.

"You really love her don't you?" He asked. I nodded. "Then you have got to try to get her back." He stated like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"I don't know."

"Come on." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. "Time for damage control."

***

Landyn's POV

After Drew and I left Burger King, he took me to a quaint little house quite a way out of town. "Where are we?" I questioned.

"This is my house." He said. My jaw dropped. I had always believed Drew's family was rich. Much like mine.

"It's small, but it's home." He stopped the car in the driveway and we both climbed out. He took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. A small entryway led into the kitchen. A tiny living room with one window was attacked to the kitchen. An older looking man with a blanket pulled up to his chin sat in a rocker beneath the window, facing a TV.

"Hey, Dad." Drew yelled. The man jerked awake.

"Oh hey, Drew. Who's your friend?" The man said.

"Sorry about him, he's hard of hearing." He said to me. He turned to his dad. "This is Landyn, he's the captain of the team." The man nodded.

"Hey, I'm Colin. Drew's dad. Nice to meet you." He smiled. I nodded.

Drew nodded his head towards a small hallway I hadn't noticed before. We both turned and walked down the hallway until we got to a closed door. Drew opened the door and we walked into a dark bedroom.

Navy curtains were drawn tight over two identical windows. A twin sized bed with a blue camouflaged duvet sat in one corner. Several wooden bookcases sat in random areas around the room.The area was surprisingly neat. No clothes or other items decorated the floor.

He sat down on the bed and pulled over a desk chair that sat in another corner. "Tell Drew what happened." He whispered in a creepy therapist voice. I sat down.

"Please don't talk about yourself in the third person." I said. A smile creeping onto my lips.

"Okay, Lieutendent Sarcasm. Tell me what happened."

I relayed the story to him, argument included.

"She's never going to trust you again." He said.

"You don't say?" I said bitterly.

He gave me a sharp look. I burried my face in my hands. "Just tell me what to do."

"I've got a plan." He said.

***

After Drew had filled me on how I was to get Angela back, I decited it would be best if I headed home. Pulling into the driveway, I noticed Carrie poking her head out of a bush and my mom covering her eyes, counting aloud.

They were playing hide and seek.

I loved my family, albeit they were a bit crazy.

Walking into the front door, I dropped my bag on the couch and headed upstairs. Walking into my bathroom I took some ibuprofen. I had a massive headache, and my heart hurt too.

I took a shower and headed to bed, the plan would start tomorrow.

***

Angela's POV

I hate alarm clocks!

That was my only thought when I woke up on a lonely Tuesday morning. I stripped and took the quickest shower of my existence before drowning my sorrows in orange juice and French toast. I could feel the Tiny Chicken Disease coming on. They were laying eggs in my brain!

It wasn't long before Scott knocked on the door. He didn't need to do that but I couldn't get I through his thick skull.

I went to the door. My hair still dripping and I had no socks or shoes on.

It wasn't Scott.

Instead there was a tiny red envelope sitting on the first step.

Go to the place we first place we kissed. I will prove my effect by the mist.

The letter wasn't signed but I had only ever kissed my mom and Landyn so it wasn't hard to figure out.

It was the pond by the field where I had likes Landyn.

I was still extremely mad at Landyn but this would get me out of school for the day. It was worth it.

Off the Landyn's house.

Oh, boy.

***

Hello internet!

I have finally got a game plan. This story will be about 25 chapters plus an epilogue. I also may do a question/answer page if I get enough questions. So send them in!

This story won't have a sequel. It won't, however, be my last story. If you guys want, it may even follow a different section of the same characters. So like Scott and Evan or Carrie when she gets older. Also, ideas are welcome, please message me with those.

Also, since you have got about 30 votes and 200 reads on the last ten chapters, do you think we could get a total of 75 votes and 500 reads? That's only 175 more reads and 25 votes. My year would be made! I never though I would get this many reads and votes, you have exceeded my expectations. You are awesome!

Question of the update: what's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Love you,

-M