Chapter Twenty-One

My mom was home from work early and I found myself laying on the couch next to her watching a movie.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"It was good. I found out that Landyn's team made it to state championships and he will be playing the game here on Friday."

"That's great, honey." She smiled at me, wrapping her arms around me.

I soon got tired, took a showers and went to bed.

***

Landyn's POV

This was it. The day I had been waiting for my entire life, the championship game.

Our team had always been close to competing in the state championships but unfortunately we had always lost the playoff game. His year I felt different. We could do it.

Sitting on the bench, waiting for the game to begin, I turned and looked at Angela, who was smiling brightly. She looked slightly out of place among the parents and the other girlfriends. Scott sat on her left while my parents sat on her right. I pulled my iPod out of my bag and listened to it to calm myself down. It was a habit of mine.

I was very nervous. The crowed was actually unusually quite and you could almost cut the tension with a knife. It don't help that the Bobcats were our worst enemies.

Mrs. Darwin couldn't make the game because she had to work. Sometimes I felt bad or Angela because her mother wasn't always there for her, but I knew she did her best. Angela begged to come though she knew absolutely nothing of the game.

When the whistle blew, both teams skated onto the ice. Everybody had a look of concentration and focus. Eyebrows were pulled tightly together. Muscles ridged.

The game began. Our team pulling ahead withing the first three minutes. Their goalie wasn't very skilled and we kept scoring. They managed to pull one over on us but we were still three ahead.

The game continued, our team keeping ahead the whole time. The other team was getting angry, fighting harder to score.

The Bobcat captain was getting stressed and he began to make major mistakes. I stayed cool and we perfectly executed many plays. Drew was on point today and we managed some pretty cool shots.

I made a quick pass to Drew who shot and scored. Up four, our team was feeling pretty good. I, however, couldn't shake the feeling of something going to go wrong.

We continued playing, staying a good two or three ahead of the opposing team.

***

Angela's POV

I was screaming and cheering! Landyn's team was ahead going into the last part of the game everybody held there breath as they managed to get four ahead. Scott had ahold of my hand, squeezing it tight. He was worked up about the game. I was surprised by that because Scott didn't worry about a lot of things.

The game continued going, our team staying ahead the whole time.

I could tell everybody was wearing down but that didn't stop them. They fought hard.

The buzzer finally went off, Landyn's team winning.

Everybody going for home jumped onto their feet and begun to cheer. Landyn skated off the ice and removed his helmet. Sweat was pouring off of him. He shook his coach's hand and got back onto the ice, carrying the trophy.

The smile on his face brighter than the sun.

The coach was shaking everybody's hand laughing and joking with his players.

The other team was in bad spirits as they slowly began to leave.

I caught a quick motion in the corner of my eye and saw Landyn fall to the ground.

***

Landyn's POV

We had done it!

I was so proud of our team they really pulled it off. The whole team skated opinion circles still hyped on adrenalin.

As I skated back onto the ice I noticed a few guys from the other team acting strangely. I didn't think anything of it as I skated back onto the ice to take pictures. Coach was absolutely ecstatic and he couldn't stop smiling.

Angela was standing up and was still cheering. Scott right beside her clapping. He actually smiled.

I noticed a guy from the other team move and I felt a sharp pain in the side of my head. Then, everything went black.

***
This is short! I'm sorry.

I love you guys. Did you know that?

500 read! Yahoo!

Love you,

-M