Chapter Nine

Recap:

At exactly 3:47 PM, a guy, who must have been Evan walked through the gate. Scott, who had been cutting off the circulation to my left arm, dropped my had and ran, yes ran, into his arms.

He must have been about 17, had honey colored blond hair and high cheekbones. He wore a green tee with a black leather jacket over the top and jeans, the bad boy attitude was apperently in the way he walked and his stature.

I must have been starring because I was literally 'snapped' out of it. Scott grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the airport with Evan following behind.

***

Landyn's POV

It's been a week since I last talked with Angela and it's driving me mad. I missed her sparkely personality and bright eyes. She seemed so vulnerable and I wanted to be the one to protect her.

We never talked in in Mrs. Webber's class anymore. One of us would take the laptop and the other one reads or works on other homework.

Darris has been on my back about my 'lack of emotion' and 'moody demeanor.' I say take away his crush and see how he likes it. He acts like he knows how I feel even though I doubt he does. Everybody thinks they know new but they don't, not anymore.

***

Since I haven't been in a good mood I've taken out my aggression in sports. Hockey practice the last couple of days has been brutal. I have made extra sure to try me hardest so I don't get cut. Even if I'm distracted at school, I manage to forget my nonexistent love life while I'm on the ice.

We had won our last few games and that's all that mattered.

After practice on Friday I called Darris, "Can I come over?" I asked.

"Sure. What's up dude?"

"Nothing. I just need to chill."

We said a muffed goodbye and I drove to his house. I rang the doorbell and walked right in. His parents were lost never home and they loved me anyway. They worked the day shirt at the coal Inez so they were either sleeping or working.

His bedroom door was open so I marched in and sat on his bed. Darris sat in the computer chair. He to face me, "We need to talk." He said.

"No we don't, what are you talking about." My voice trailed upwards as I finished me sentence. Yeah, really believable, Landyn

He gave me a funny look. "Yes we do, now spill."

I had told Darris everything since we were in like fifth grade. We had met on the playground. The only secret I've kept from him was the hockey thing.

"I have nothing to hide. You know everything."

"Sure I do." He still looked unconvinced. "You like Angela. It's written all over your face. It's obvious. Now we need to find out how to get your girl."

I was Absolutly flabbergasted. How did he know?

***

Angela's POV

It had been a week since I had last spoke to Landyn. We were in the no go zone again. It almost seemed like we had never met in the first place. But now, sitting in the car with the lovebirds, made me realize how much I truly missed him. It sounds super corny, doesn't it?

Evan seemed like a nice guy. He was wearing a green shirt with a black leather jacket over the top and jeans. I have to say, he's not bad looking. He didn't talk much but he acted the same way towards Scott as Scott acted towards him.

As soon as he walked through the terminal, Scott went completely crazy. I had never seen him so happy in my entire life. Evan quickly noticed Scott and they embrace for an extremely long time, right in the middle of the airport.

"So what's got her in a bad mood?" I heard Evan talk for the first time. I must have been zoned out. I needed to focus, I was the one driving.

"Boy troubles." Scott answered. I wondered if it was so apperently on my face. Sure I wasn't being very talkative but it wasn't that obvious. Was it?

***

After dropping Evan and Scott off at Scott's house, I managed to make it home in one piece. I was so physically and emotionally tired I just couldn't stand it anymore. I just wanted to take a warm bath them go to bed. Landyn, on the other hand, had other plans.

Walking up to my door I noticed a note on the door. It read, 'Meet me in the field behind my house. We need to talk. Landyn'

I really didn't want to go all the way back to his house but I didn't have much of a choice. I jumped in my newly fixed car and drove the ten minutes to the devils layer.

Arriving at there front door I knocked. "Hello dear," Mrs. Glenn said, "Landyn's in the back. He's got quite the surprise for you."

She guided me out the back door and ushered me down the deck steps. About a hundred feet away I could see a light surrounding a table.

I quickly walked towards it trying to make as little notice as possible. The person slowly turned to look at me as I approached. His big brown eyes I had missed so much met mine as I sat down across from him.

He had set up a picnic table with benches on both sides, a red and white checkered tablecloth a sat atop the table with a wicker picnic basket placed in the corner. Landyn moved to the backet and took out two neatly wrapped sandwiches in plastic wrap and two cans of soda. He set the meals in front of us before moving to my side of the bench.

Time stood still. I gazed into his beautiful eyes. I could smell the comforting smell of his cologn and something woody. The smell I loved.

He finally spoke, "Anglea, I don't know how to say it so I just will. I like you a lot and I don't know if you feel the same way so-" I gave him a look.

"You should really take a breathe between your monologs."

I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him to me.

Then his lips were on mine.

***

Hello!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I love the support I'm getting and would like to thank every one of you.

Pic of Landyn's backyard.

We are now up to 120 reads. That is almost double what we had like five days ago.

Okay, I have a question to ask. What is your favorite book? Please tell me in the comments.

Love you,

-M