Chapter Twenty-Three

"I'm not leaving Landyn." I said

"Yes, you are." He moved to me.

I stood up in my chair. Crossing my arms in front of my chest. "I'm not leaving."

He took a quick step towards me, grabbing my arm. "Yes, come on. I'll drive you."

I gave up all attempts to stay. Sleep weighing me down.

Scott pulled into my driveway. I got out and went to the house. I couldn't imagine today's events. I had just wanted to support him.

Some people where truly mean. How could someone do that?

Finally after laying in bed forever trying to sleep. I let the tears take over once again and sleep claimed me.

***
Angela's POV

Three weeks have passed with no change in Landyn's condition. School was the same as always just less excitement. All joy has been sucked out of everything.

The school had obvously found out about his hockey playing. There had been a huge arrival written in the town paper as well as the school paper. It had caused a huge uproar but I'm glad everybody now knows.

At school on a lonely Friday morning, Mrs. Webber was droning on over the use of sighting something MLA. "Well, class. This is to be used when sighting a phrase or passage directly from the-" the phone rang.

Every time the phone had rung for the passed two weeks my heart had stopped. Once again I felt the framiliar hope bubble in my stomach. Darris grabbed my hand. Since the accident he had been really supportive. He constantly was helping me out and sitting with Scott and I at lunch.

Mrs. Webber grabbed the phone. "Yes, uh huh. Of course." She turned to me. "Angela and Darris, you are both excused. Grab your things."

We looked at each other, startled and excited. This could be a good thing or and awful thing. We both knew the chances of him waking up were equal to those of him not.

We scurried about, grabbing papers and backpacks. Other student looked at us in wonder, having no idea what was going on.

Half running and half walking, we made it to the office. My mother was sitting in a blue waiting chair taking to Mrs. Glenn. They both had huge smiles on there faces. Mrs. Glenn hadn't been happy since the accident. I spent a lot of my time over at her house watching Carrie and talking to her. They were now my second family.

My mom was still in her hospital scrubbs and Landyn's mother was wearing some comfortable looking swears. They had become good friends over the course of this ordeal because my mother begged to be the nurse in charge of his room. They saw each other for about two hours each day during visitors house.

As I got closer I could also see tear tracks down each of their cheeks. Darris scooted closer to me and took my hand in his. The parents were still talking when the noticed us.

My mom just got up and hugged me. I could already feel tears come to my eyes as I stood there. Not even knowing what was going on. "Angela, we are so lucky." Mrs. Glenn said.

I nodded. Fighting tears and trying to smile.

"He's awake and asking for the two of you." My mother finished. A sob wracked my body and I sat down. I had dreamed about this day for weeks. I hugged my self, unable to controle my emotions. Mom and Mrs. Glenn were both hugging Darris, who looked like he might also cry.

***

The drive to the hospital was excruciatingly slow. I now knew this road like the back of my hand, the trees, the houses and even the red Volkswagen beetle that was always parked at house number 145 on Cherry Lane.

Though the car was full of talk, I couldn't wait for the ride to be over. I hated going to the hospital now, more than ever.

When we finally did pull up to the hospital, I was the first one out of the car. Jinneen, the desk lady, waved to me as I passed. I could hear the others' foot steps behind me as I trudged ahead.

Opening his door, I could see his figure laying in the bed like it had for the passed three weeks, only this time his head turned to look at me. Tears began to build once again.

"Landyn," I gasped. His shining brown eyes bore into mine.

"Angela," he croaked, his voice raw.

I sat down beside him in the chair I had sat in for house at a time, occasionally falling asleep. "I love you so much." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. Tears ran down his face also.

"And I love you more." The door creaked open. Mom peaked her head in.

"I'll just give you two some time." She smiled and closed the door.

Landyn chuckled. His eyes glistened. "Our parents told me all about what happened and how long I've been gone. I'm so sorry." Another tear marched down his face.

I cupped his face with my hands, whipping away the stray tear. "It's not your fault. It was those jerks'. I will always love you, this is just a bump in the road." I tried to smile at him.

"Forever and ever?" He said, holding out his pinky.

"Forever and ever." I said. Shaking mine with his.

***

Hello. Guess what? 800 reads! Omg! Omg! Omg!

I love you! I love you! I love you!

It's not over! There's still an epilogue and a Q & A. (I'm seriously thinking about calling it a Q & Slay) send in questions. Please!

Question. What was your favorite part of this story?

Love you, (but you knew that.)

-M