Chapter Twenty

My bag and my gear where in the car so I just went directly to the rink. My team mates were already warming up as I changed.

I skated onto the ice to join in when Drew came up beside me.

"Did you get your girl?" He asked.

I chuckled, "Yeah, I did. Thanks for your help."

I turned to him, stopping. "Do you think you could help me with one more thing?"

He looked confused. "Sure, what's that?"

"A date."

***

Angela's POV

Five days had passed and I've finally gotten over my headcold. On Friday, Landyn took me to dinner and a movie. Since I was a huge John Green fan and I was aloud to pick the movie, we went to see The Fault in Our Stars.

I have to say, I cried more than I did while reading to book and I've read it at least ten times. I even believe Landyn cried.

My weekend passed slowly but surely and now we're back to the dreaded Monday.

Sitting at lunch, Landyn sat down next to Scott and across from me. "What did your sandwich do to you?" Landyn asked sarcastically.

"My sandwich did nothing. I just hate Mondays." He stood up and walked to my side of the table, sitting down and pulling me into his lap.

"It's okay," he told me, "You have something to look forward to."

I turned and looked back at him. "What?"

He chuckled. "I was waiting to tell you." He paused. "My team had the playoffs on Sunday. We won, so we have the state championships on Friday." He smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed, gaining the attention of several other tables."I'm so glad! I can't wai-" Landyn slapped his hand over my mouth. Silencing me.

"Don't be so loud!" He hissed.

"Are you going to tell everybody?" I whined.

"No, I'm not and neither are you." I pouted, giving him puppy eyes.

"We've been through this. Puppy eyes don't work on me."

I was confused. "We have? I don't remember giving you puppy eyes."

"Oh, I forgot. You were drugged out of your mind. When you were sick, you were very convincing."

"What do you mean?" He chuckled, setting me back down on the bench. He went over to where Scott was now smiling at us, and sat back down, eating his lunch.

***

After school, I went to hockey practice then went to his house. Ever since I had Tiny Chicken Disease and watched The Fault in Our Stars, Landyn had wanted to know a lot more about John Green. When we arrived at his house, I pulled him to his room pulling out his laptop.

I pulled up YouTube.com/Vlogbrothers and pulled up Sharpie Face Question Tuesday. I think it was one of the best John Green videos.

Landyn, of course, was automatically hooked and we spent the next half an hour watching random Vlogbrother videos.

"Landyn, Angela, do you guys want to come to dinner!" We heard Mrs. Glenn yell from the kitchen.

She had made chicken quesadillas and we quickly devoured them. Soon after Landyn drove me home, kissing me on the lips before walking me to the front door.

"See you tomorrow." He said, flashing the 'I love you' symbol.

***

My mom was home from work early and I found myself laying on the couch next to her watching a movie.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"It was good. I found out that Landyn's team made it to state championships and he will be playing the game here on Friday."

"That's great, honey." She smiled at me, wrapping her arms around me.

I soon got tired, took a showers and went to bed.

***

Hello, people!

I'm sorry there was no update yesterday. I had no time. So today, you'll be getting at least two.

Question: what book (real book, not Wattpad) are you reading?

Love you,

-M